Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Lower body first, which moves the upper body, which allows the hands to move fast. Is this the correct understanding?

In what context? Load or launch? The sequence loads the swing. The launch unloads the swing. Separation is achieved through sequence. Closing the gaps of separation(launch) is achieved through resistance.

Nov 26, 2020
In what context? Load or launch? The sequence loads the swing. The launch unloads the swing. Separation is achieved through sequence. Closing the gaps of separation(launch) is achieved through resistance.
Launch. Here's specifically what we worked on. Scap load while stepping, resist upper body movement and hands until the front foot lands, we don't talk about rotation, and be square at contact, and swing hard. She does High Level Throwing which is why we talk about scap load.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Launch. Here's specifically what we worked on. Scap load while stepping, resist upper body movement and hands until the front foot lands, we don't talk about rotation, and be square at contact, and swing hard. She does High Level Throwing which is why we talk about scap load.

could be why she arm bars. The rest I agree with. Scap load or the loading of the hands should be natural from the stretching of the anterior oblique sling. in sequence. Not done early and actively. Trying to get your hands back unnaturally can lead to casting or a top down swing. Simply bc the core isn’t pulling them anymore. The cue is walk away from your hands. Or gather-stride-separate. Not gather-separate-stride.

if she stays in good posture in her setup this should be easy.

1614793390761.gif

1614793749103.gif

Nov 26, 2020
could be why she arm bars. The rest I agree with. Scap load or the loading of the hands should be natural from the stretching of the anterior oblique sling. in sequence. Not done early and actively. Trying to get your hands back unnaturally can lead to casting or a top down swing. Simply bc the core isn’t pulling them anymore. The cue is walk away from your hands. Or gather-stride-separate. Not gather-separate-stride.

View attachment 21214

View attachment 21215
I had to google "anterior oblique sling" but I get it. Thanks for the replies and info!

Oct 2, 2017

View attachment 21214

View attachment 21215
@JLI2010 The bold above is exactly why I said be careful about asking her to keep her hands back as a active action and said it should be a result of proper sequence.

Nov 26, 2020
@Work=wins We're back after a week off. Not talking about the load just talking about uncoiling after the foot lands and staying back after the initial forward move.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Forward by coil:
hamilton_fbc.gif

Hamilton-Josh-Side-Rear-Side-Outline.gif

Your DD is FWCing. I'd be concerned with the level to the ball swing off of the tee.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@Work=wins We're back after a week off. Not talking about the load just talking about uncoiling after the foot lands and staying back after the initial forward move.

The front side looks better. last time you mentioned ‘staying straight’. What are you gathering from this gif?

1616193584050.gif

to me this is a energy filtering drill. He gets to a good hitting position.. hands back, in posture, nothing opened. Then drives his hands to create force.. the middle is stretched. It contracts before the swing.

the point being he is keeping the energy between his feet. No leaks out his shoulders or hips or feet. Hard to cheat the drill since there’s really no momentum to use. I would do high and low tee.

great drill for the hands and proper energy feel and transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00