Brag your brain out thread--one upmanship encouraged

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Today my dd was pitching for the Jv team and after a couple of unearned runs in the second inning cruised right through to the top of the seventh ahead 7-2. First girl up strikes out, second walks, third girl blisters a ball that hits my dd in the thigh. She jumped around for a bit and stepped back on the mound. Next batter First pitch smoked down the right field line two runs score and runner on second. Next batter walks. Next batter strikes out, bases still loaded. next one ground ball to short that is booted, bases loaded. Next batter weak pop fly lands two feet in front of ss , run scores bases still loaded. Next batter weak dribbler down third baseline thats fielded but no throw to any base, run scores bases still loaded. Next batter grounder to second mishandled, no throw, run scores, bases still loaded. Next batter weak fly ball that lands two feet behind ss in the dirt two runs score. runners at first and second. DD strikesout girl who hit her in the leg.
OMG Can somebody make a play please anyway I digress games not over yet. 7-9 bottom of the seventh.
DD's Team at bat scores two to tie the game 9-9 and send it to extra innings.
top of eigth DD strikes out the side.
Bases loaded one out, deep fly ball to center brings in the winning run 10-9

DD pitching line

8 innings
14+ strikeouts
3 walks
2 earned runs

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME TUMS I THINK SOFTBALL IS GIVING ME AN ULCER!!!!!!!!!

Nov 23, 2009
Today my dd was pitching for the Jv team and after a couple of unearned runs in the second inning cruised right through to the top of the seventh ahead 7-2. First girl up strikes out, second walks, third girl blisters a ball that hits my dd in the thigh. She jumped around for a bit and stepped back on the mound. Next batter First pitch smoked down the right field line two runs score and runner on second. Next batter walks. Next batter strikes out, bases still loaded. next one ground ball to short that is booted, bases loaded. Next batter weak pop fly lands two feet in front of ss , run scores bases still loaded. Next batter weak dribbler down third baseline thats fielded but no throw to any base, run scores bases still loaded. Next batter grounder to second mishandled, no throw, run scores, bases still loaded. Next batter weak fly ball that lands two feet behind ss in the dirt two runs score. runners at first and second. DD strikesout girl who hit her in the leg.
OMG Can somebody make a play please anyway I digress games not over yet. 7-9 bottom of the seventh.
DD's Team at bat scores two to tie the game 9-9 and send it to extra innings.
top of eigth DD strikes out the side.
Bases loaded one out, deep fly ball to center brings in the winning run 10-9

DD pitching line

8 innings
14+ strikeouts
3 walks
2 earned runs

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME TUMS I THINK SOFTBALL IS GIVING ME AN ULCER!!!!!!!!!

Amen Brother!

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
Bottom 7, 2 outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd. DD protecting 1 run lead.
Batter hits 2-1 screamer into DD's upper thigh.
DD down like she was shot
Entire crowd gasps. One mom from other team screams a little.
My wife and I simultaneously scream "throw it to 1!"
DD throws a BB to 1 from her knees, gets runner by a step.

Game over.

She got a blizzard for that one.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My 7 year old son ... first time pitching last season.
He was throwing the balls 8 feet over the batters heads ...
gets through his 4 batters and coach comes in to pitch (Farm Leaue)

He gives a big smile and says "Did I do a good job, I made sure they couldn't hit any balls"

He was about 42 pounds soaking wet with his ears sticking out under his too big baseball cap.

My husband and I were rolling in laughter .....

Tonight is his first debut getting to pitch an inning ... he now knows the strike zone .. too funny!

Nov 23, 2009
Bottom 7, 2 outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd. DD protecting 1 run lead.
Batter hits 2-1 screamer into DD's upper thigh.
DD down like she was shot
Entire crowd gasps. One mom from other team screams a little.
My wife and I simultaneously scream "throw it to 1!"
DD throws a BB to 1 from her knees, gets runner by a step.

Game over.

She got a blizzard for that one.

The heart stopping drama is priceless, good job DD. She deserves a blizzard today too!!!

Dec 28, 2008
Not my bragging... but my DD's. She often brags about her streak last year of 23 games with at least one hit batter. She has no problem throwing inside to move them off the plate and set them up for the outside pitch. Her response... "she should have moved!"
That really is something to be proud of. Most girls would have given up and gotten down on themselves long before 23 games.

Dec 28, 2008
Most memorable moment for my oldest daugther was when she hit 3 doubles left handed in a spring game against a team who's coach she played for in the fall that wouldn't let her hit left handed in games. (Our Fall league in GA was supposed to be developmental and we played "friendly" games against other parks. This guy was a real piece of work who actually tracked "HIS" win/loss record for everything and brought it up all of the time. He would actually bring in older pitchers to pitch for the team when we played our "friendly" games instead of letting the girls actually on the team pitch so that "HE WOULD WIN." She had busted her hump all summer to learn how to switch hit, and he just refused to even give her the chance to do anything but swing right handed. So I gotta say I really enjoyed watching her light it up against "him" that day. She played for many rec teams, many travel teams and high school ball. But that teams shirt is the one that she's kept all of these years.

I think the most memoralbe moment for my youngest daughter was when she was playing up on her older sisters travel team just to be a base bandit. We got in a tournament and in the championship game the coach put her in the lineup dead last due to some injuries. Other team knew she was just there to run bases so when she came up you heard the old "everybody move up" followed by waving all of the players to about 10 feet in the grass. She drove the first pitch just short of the fence, but foul by about 5 feet. Next thing you hear "Everybody move back ... NOW!!!!!" Pitcher ended up walking her and she punished them by stealing 2nd and then 3rd on 2 consecutive pitches. That was about 13 years ago and she's off and married now. But we still talk about it frequently.

Feb 24, 2010
DD pitches first rec league game the other week after learning to pitch starting last August. Throws hard, but has some control problems every now and then. First batter up, three pitches, three strikes. Next 9 batters over 3 innings all come up in bunting position, one did make contact but 1st baseman missed throw. Totals for three innings - 10 batters, 9 K's, 54 pitches. After the game one girl on the other team tells me that the "2nd pitcher, the tall one (DD) is scary and she needs to throw slower". I say to her "you play travel ball (different team than DD) and you'll be seeing pitchers this fast all summer". She replies "we've played 2 tournaments already and we've not seen anyone pitch THAT fast".

Come to last night, rec league again, facing a team with 2 travel players (yet a 3rd TB team) - 3 innings, 10 batters, 57 pitches, 8 K's. Both TB players K on three pitches each. Go over stats with DD last night after game, pointing out that she's doing fine and to keep up the hard work. She asks "why doen't coach X(TB coach) pitch me more? I've only pitched 1 inning" I tell her that when she "gets her opportunity to pitch on the travel team, do what she's been doing and he'll have no choice but to pitch you more". She said "he'd better!"

Like I said, kids are smarter than what we give them credit for.

Oct 19, 2009
Yesterday my 10 YO dd was pitching and went 3-2 on a batter. Shook off her catcher and threw a perfect 27 mph change-up for strike three. I saw frost on the back of the hitter's legs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207