Brag your brain out thread--one upmanship encouraged

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We seem to be getting a lot of posts about the wonder of having a talented DD is...so, here it is, your opportunity to sing the praises of your DD to all the world.

Pitched a perfect game? Pitched a no-hitter? Pitched one perfect inning?

Even if your DD walked a batter on 5 pitches instead of 4, here is the place to immortalize her.

Feb 9, 2009
well, not my DD, but my other pitcher...10U..
pitched her FIRST GAME EVER without clocking a batter!!! WOO HOO!!!

Heh....well, my DD did indeed pitch a no-hitter shutout in her first (and only) varsity start last week (she is a freshman).

Do I need to mention that the team she was playing wasn't a really good team, or can I keep that to myself?

Oh, and she also had 6 walks, but I consider those the ump's fault, he missed several obvious strikes ;)

On a serious note, she didn't have a ton of K's, but she did keep everything in the infield except one lazy fly ball to centerfield, and her defense played well.

Edit to add> This isn't bragging, but .... My son's (he's 11) major league LL team played one of the better teams in our league last night, and his teammate pitched a complete 6 inning no-hitter, giving up 2 walks, with 3 pitches to spare (limit is 85 pitches). It was a good performance, and he had several good plays made behind him.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Not my bragging... but my DD's. She often brags about her streak last year of 23 games with at least one hit batter. She has no problem throwing inside to move them off the plate and set them up for the outside pitch. Her response... "she should have moved!"

Oct 22, 2009
well, not my DD, but my other pitcher...10U..
pitched her FIRST GAME EVER without clocking a batter!!! WOO HOO!!!

Love it!
Reminds me of a 16u game, when we were short pitchers so had to put in a player that hadn't pitch since she was 12.
She bragged about how she still "had it" after making 3 strike outs her first inning. I think about 6 runners scored in that first inning too!

Apr 13, 2010
My 14 year old played her one and only rec season last year (my 11 year old is the softball player). Anyway she was a team leader in runs scored and OBP. I don't think she hit a ball all year. Yes, that's right, HBP's.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
My DD struck out 5 in an inning...Oh wait really shouldn't brag about that...

This made me smile :)

...because it actually happened to DD in the very first inning of her very first JV game. Catcher kept dropping the third strike and was HORRIFIED. They did get out of the inning with no runs against them.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2010
Two more to add:

#1 First pitch as a first year 8U my DDs pitch went straight and right down the middle of the plate, sure it went over the backstop but still straight down the middle

#2 In her 7 year pitching career has sent 2 batters to Urgent Care on HBP...once again probably shouldn't brag about that

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
Okay, this is one of my favorite stories.
One of my pitchers was never getting a chance a pitch. The ONE day, the umpire called "Last Batter!" Her coach called time out, and put her in to pitch--she never warmed up, she had been in the outfield.

She throws 5 warm up pitches, all of them sail everywhere but near the plate.
Her first pitch hits the ground and the batter swings! Strike one!
The next one sails high batter swings! Strike two!
The batters coach yells at her! Stop swinging! She's thrown 7 pitches and not one of them has been near the plate!

Batter stands her ground as balls 1, 2 & 3 sail in.

Now it's full count and my pitcher has thrown 10 pitches as wild as ever.
Last pitch goes right down the middle! STRIKE THREE! She got her first strike out and only threw one strike! : )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog