Brag your brain out thread--one upmanship encouraged

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MY favorite conversation with my daughter when she was age 12:
Me: How did you do with the bat today?

Her: I got three hits in three at bats!

Me: Awesome where did they go?

Her: All back to the pitcher!

Me: So you beat the throw to first all three times?

Her: NO, I got out all three times but atleast I got the three hits!!!

MIke

Feb 5, 2010
DD started her first game this year 10u. 9 Ks in the first three innings 35 pitches. After 3 we were up 4 - 0 so we pulled her because there was a lot of dancing, butterfly chasing, and dandelion picking going on. That all changed in a hurry. There were balls flying every which way after that. We lost 17-7 but man did we have fun. Our parents weren't too happy, but boy the other teams parents couldn't be happier. Remember Rec ball is all about having fun or so I've been told.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
This is the first year playing softball for my 11yo DD. We have been trying to find something she likes to do. She loves basketball and plays well but probably won't be tall enough. I will still encourage her if that's what she decides to do though.

But we started LL softball and she loves it. No suprise the first practice she comes home and says she wants to pitch. I take it with a grain of salt and begin helping her, to see how serious she is. For the past 2 months she has worried me everyday to come out and practice.

Her third game the coach put her in to start and she pitched 3 innings without allowing a hit. It wasn't pretty, but I was very proud. Then her fifth game the coach puts her in for the last inning with a 4 run lead. I believe her nerves got to her and we had some wild pitches and two runs scored against us. But she struck out the last batter and won. As she walked of the field she looked at me and said that was nerve racking, I replied you should have been in our shoes(parents). The next day she started practice before I got home from work.

Tim

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm going to brag a bit on my DD. She strained 3 tendons in the rotators cuff during HS preseason. So she missed 2 weeks of season ball and has been working very hard to get her timing and arm back in shape.

We just played our last season game last night. ( district playoffs start this friday ) We have the team's season stats from the coach today. My DD is a 14 year old freshman, playing/pitching varsity.

Batting Average .569
Slugging Average .812
Fielding % .818
OPS 1.327
ERA 0.63

This post is ALL ABOUT HER. She has really come through despite her injury. Proud of you DD!!!

Oct 19, 2009
Tonight I was short handed for a 10U travel friendly so I picked up my 8YO to play. I batted her last and put her in RF and she got our team's first base hit! Everyone else was slow to get started but she sparked our team on to get the bats going and score 23 runs. I had to make an example and asked all our veteran players "how come my 8 YO is the only kid to hit the ball out of the infield so far?" Nothing like a little ribbing to get them motivated.

My other DD is 10 and she pitched a near perfect inning tonight, 3 K's on 10 pitches.

Jun 24, 2009
Here's my 2¢ worth. My DD has played in 27 games this year (travel and school ball),and has only stuck out once . Last game she played in she hit a line shot that hit about one ft. under top of fence. I spent the entire winter reading Howard's post and trying to teach it to my DD . THANKS HOWARD . Did I mention she just turned 12 in Feb. and is in the 6th grade ?

Nov 23, 2009
Some of these are flat out hilarious. My DD is just turned 11 and is playing her fourth year (and last) of REC ball, she has been in the Pony (12) division since she was nine. We had a game last week and the opposing coach called time stopped the game and exclaimed "we need to see that girls birth certificate no 12 year old throws that hard!" and the Manager of our team fires back "you are right, she just turned 11!"

Here are her stats so far this season 52 Innngs 6 hits 141 K 9 BB 2 ER

I am ready for the flame out!!!

Apr 13, 2010
Some of these are flat out hilarious. My DD is just turned 11 and is playing her fourth year (and last) of REC ball, she has been in the Pony (12) division since she was nine. We had a game last week and the opposing coach called time stopped the game and exclaimed "we need to see that girls birth certificate no 12 year old throws that hard!" and the Manager of our team fires back "you are right, she just turned 11!"

Here are her stats so far this season 52 Innngs 6 hits 141 K 9 BB 2 ER

I am ready for the flame out!!!

Having seen some of the pitchers I've seen at age 11, and given this is a REC league your talking about. I believe it.

Jan 17, 2010
At middle school tryouts the coaches were having the girls bat, when my DD arrived home I asked how was your batting? Her reply "I did great, I got up once and I hit a double" "Excellent" I replied, "Where did you hit the ball?" Her reply - "It was a bunt".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413