Best bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
My DD just got her hands on a brand new LXTMakoCS62LegitXenoStealth. Coresoftball basically let us steal it from him and it was still way pricey.

Was worth every penny as this thing bunts like a dream! It's like the bat knows where the ball is going! And if my DD swings away? Fuggetaboutdit! You feel the gale force winds from the swing even before you hear the smack of the ball into the catcher's mitt.

The bat replaces my great grandfather's flintlock above the mantle when she's not using it.

I'd cuddle with it at night, but my DW keeps it in her bed instead.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hard to argue with this choice. It is what I'd recommend to anybody looking for a balanced bat who is unsure what to get.

It is the smoothest bat there is with absolutely the least amount of sting and vibration, which is great for younger girls. It also has a stiff-enough handle and great pop for even the most burly of power hitters.

Quite a few of my 12U girls swing LXTs. From another thread:

Can you tell a difference between the '14 and '15 LXT?

Jul 10, 2011
Yes. The '15 is a tiny bit heavier and has a bit more pop out of the wrapper. The '14 continued to get hotter and the '15 seems to be following suit but just how much the '15 improves has yet to be seen.

Had to return DD's 2015 LXT due to a damaged end cap. (Great customer service from Louisville.) Just received the replacement in the mail yesterday. How many swings do you think she'll need on it to really get it in game shape?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32