Best bat for 10U???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Demarini CF5 -11 29/18
Demarini CF6 -11 29/18

Thank me later....no seriously. There is NO OTHER choice for a smaller girl for top performance.

We've went from Aluminum, to Easton Synge, to Demarini Bustos then to the CF5. Nothing has even come close to its performance.

If you dont need the new USSSA stamp, you can find a 2012, 2013 -11 CF5 for decent prices on Ebay. If you need the stamp get ready to fork out some coin for a 2012 model or just go with the 2013 -11.

We also use a Combat Avaritia for BP and weighted balls. Pretty good bat, but needs many hits to break in, and still doesnt perform near the CF5 does. But we won it on Ebay for 25.00 so it was worth every penny to save the CF5 for games only.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Hands down my favorite bat for girls at 10U is the DeMarini CF6 or CF5 -11 model. It swings light (very important at this age) but still has some very serious pop.

At her size a 29" model probably makes sense but if she can swing the 30", it would last you a bit longer. Take her to a local dealer and let her try both out.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if she prefers the 29" length, don't get her the 30" just so she can "grow into it." Get the 29" and know that down the road you can sell it quite easily for about $150 or so when she's done with it and use the proceeds toward a new and bigger bat.

My 9 year old hit a ball more than once off the fence or too the fence with this bat in practices and games. She hit one on a fild with no fence and I would loved to have measured it off, but I didn't. I never let her use " hot bats" as I thought it would make much of a difference at her age. Boy was I wrong. she was hitting the ball 30 feet farther. Ridiculous. She blasted a girl in the chest up the middle. I think the bat has too much pop.

The fences were 180 feet.

CF6 28 in

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413