10U DD Need Some New Bat Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
Have you experienced the Ghost Advanced bats breaking? On my DD's team, the girls have broken 5 bats in 2 months. The connection piece gets loose and wobbles or they develop a crack in the barrel very quickly.
No. No breaking with DS or Adv. Only had the 2018 ASA Ghost break to date.

May 16, 2016
Have you experienced the Ghost Advanced bats breaking? On my DD's team, the girls have broken 5 bats in 2 months. The connection piece gets loose and wobbles or they develop a crack in the barrel very quickly.

No breaking. Both my DDs own Ghost Advanced. And since we got them, between the two teams, about 8 more girls have gotten them. No broken bats yet.

May 4, 2020
Of any bat you want. Bats really don't change year to year, no need to waste $100+ on the newest bat.

View attachment 19598
Bats change every few yesrs typically. Great bats like the Xeno can have a decade or so run before wholesale changes are made.
But yes if you do your research you can find bats a year or two old with same tech as current bats at a significant savings.
Or you can find a great deal or dealer and pay less for current models just released.

Oct 4, 2018
No breaking. Both my DDs own Ghost Advanced. And since we got them, between the two teams, about 8 more girls have gotten them. No broken bats yet.

Same here. I read a lot about Ghosts breaking, but I know dozens of girls with them and not a single issue.

My belief now is that there have been a few breaks and everyone on facebook is just talking about those same few breaks over and over and over.

Jun 19, 2016
We've had 2 more days of hitting and this is where we are.

Based on a size chart I found, she should be able to handle a 31. She is 5' and 116 pounds.

She gets more carry with the Zen but it doesn't really explode off the bat. Last night with her teammate's 30/19 Ghost, she hit one so hard off the pitching screen in front of her coach even his jaded self was taken back for a minute.

She now wants a 31" Dual Ghost and that is probably what we will end up doing. We will still hit both this weekend in her games weather permitting.
There is a big difference from a 30" Zen and a 31" ghost. Probably 3-4 ounces. My DD is 5'3" and close to 150 and she still uses a 31/20 Ghost. Probably will get her a 31/21 next. I honestly doubt she will ever go above 32/22.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
We've had 2 more days of hitting and this is where we are.

Based on a size chart I found, she should be able to handle a 31. She is 5' and 116 pounds.

She gets more carry with the Zen but it doesn't really explode off the bat. Last night with her teammate's 30/19 Ghost, she hit one so hard off the pitching screen in front of her coach even his jaded self was taken back for a minute.

She now wants a 31" Dual Ghost and that is probably what we will end up doing. We will still hit both this weekend in her games weather permitting.

I heard a 14U girl say the same think about the Demarini. "No loud sound!" Watch this video.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018
There is a big difference from a 30" Zen and a 31" ghost. Probably 3-4 ounces. My DD is 5'3" and close to 150 and she still uses a 31/20 Ghost. Probably will get her a 31/21 next. I honestly doubt she will ever go above 32/22.

She tried and we would be getting a 31" Zen if we went that route.

Apr 26, 2019
My daughter is 11 (turned last May). She's tall 5'3" and strong but not "a hoss." She's swinging a Xeno 31" drop 10 and loves it. Besides loving it, she smokes the ball with it too.

Being an 11 year old, I think the breaking glass sound it makes appeals to her as well. 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad