Bat Recommendations 8U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2021
If she has a mechanically sound swing, does she really need a -13? If a -13 gives her really good bat speed, move to a -11. You may drop down a ranking to only "good" bat speed, but the extra mass of the bat should make up for it. You may even see less mishits as the bat won't deflect off the ball as much.

Most likely she doesn't need a -13, but I cant say that for sure.

I grew up in the age where you most likely used team bats, and whatever fit best you used haha

Oct 4, 2018
Yea we had a Rawlings bat with flowers, and then a pink Easton 😌

She likes it enough and puts practice time in, so I dont mind rewarding her,with something better. Plus she has a sweet swing, hate to waste some good hits that will get her really excited about the game because she is using a garbage bat .

Agreed.

I think we all know it's more about the swing than the bat. But a great swing with a great bat is probably better than a great swing with a bad bat. And anything that makes them want to play more seems like a good investment to me.

May 4, 2021
I ended up getting a Carbon 1 and Bustos both in a 29 used from a member here for cheap. I'll let her try them and see what she likes best and go from there.

Jun 19, 2016
Hi, I'm looking for a bat suggestion for my 8U daughter. She is 7 years old and pretty small, between 3.5 and 4 feet tall and around 45 pounds. She has a mechanically solid swing, and has really good bat speed for her age/size. She will most likely move up to a 10U kid pitch league next year.

I bought her first "decent" level bat this year, which is a Dudley Lightning Lift composite in a 28/15. Im not terribly impressed with the bat, and she gets a lot of vibration on slight mishits. Id lime to get away from that issue. She swings ithe bat good, and it looks like a good size for her, I think she would also likely be fine with a 29/16 or something in that range.

I would like to find something in that size range with good pop, and a pretty forgiving barrel. I don't mind stepping into a mid range bat, because I don't think she will outgrow that size for a little while. Wondering what anyone would suggest?
I think aluminum bats work well at her size. They tend to be true to weight. If you think composite is the way to go a Demarini CF -11 is the way to go. It has a long barrel and is true to weight.

May 16, 2016
The Bustos is a good beginning bat. Light, good pop. Both my kids started out with a Demarini Bustos (the green one). The two piece construction minimizes vibration sting felt in the hands, which a lot of young kids complain about. I've seen a few kids who are scared to hit the ball hard, because it "Stings" their hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00