bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
DD currently has one of the 2 piece flex fifty legits in -9 and likes it. She used to use the orange one piece 454 in -10 and the maroon one piece 454 in -9 and liked them both also. She tried a beaten up Sick that was left at the batting cages and didn't think much of it, but that bat may have been d-d-dead. She and her team test hit a couple of the new 2Legits and they liked them quite a bit.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have been hearing that Worths take an unusually long time to work into their pop-zone.

DD has about 500 hits on hers and you can tell by the way the ball jumps off of it that it is only going to continue to get hotter. Reminds me of the old Easton's. They never really broke in....just kept getting hotter with each hit.

Worth had the best 1 piece bats on the market. To bad the market doesn't like one piece bats much
Depends on the answer to, "Best for whom?"

I know that some dudes like to swing girls' bats .... I think the worth bats might work for them.

I also think the Worth bats might work well for older girls and young women in college .... say 16 and up.

Girls younger than that almost always have the same universal gripe about the Worth bats, the one-piece versions in particular: they sting their hands. If a girl doesn't like a bat in her formative travel ball years when brand loyalties are made, she sure as hell isn't going to buy one later. That is what is killing Worth, IMHO.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I kinda said "market" as a sales whole. I understand younger girls for the most part did not like the Worth one piece, which is why I said the "market" didn't like them...haha. Tough to keep selling bats that majority don't like the feel of. You def had a niche of older girls that LOVED them because to be honest, they flat out HIT. They either liked them as a younger player or actually gave them a chance again, which many players will not if they had a bad experience earlier like you stated. You also have the slowpitch girls that used them (not many guys did). That's a very slim market there. Forced Worth to go into the direction they did with their FP line.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I kinda said "market" as a sales whole. I understand younger girls for the most part did not like the Worth one piece, which is why I said the "market" didn't like them...haha. Tough to keep selling bats that majority don't like the feel of. You def had a niche of older girls that LOVED them because to be honest, they flat out HIT. They either liked them as a younger player or actually gave them a chance again, which many players will not if they had a bad experience earlier like you stated. You also have the slowpitch girls that used them (not many guys did). That's a very slim market there. Forced Worth to go into the direction they did with their FP line.

I personally think it's a little weird that DD likes the Sick so much but doesn't particularly care for the one piece Easton. They both have very strong connection points to the barrel being a one piece bat yet likes one over the other. I wonder why that is.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I personally think it's a little weird that DD likes the Sick so much but doesn't particularly care for the one piece Easton. They both have very strong connection points to the barrel being a one piece bat yet likes one over the other. I wonder why that is.

Tech is different, not all that weird she likes one bat over another. I know personally, I can't stand Easton bats and they don't feel good at all for me. I also know many, many other very good players that feel the same with certain bats compared to others.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
My DD got to hit the 2 Legit and the new Miken Chill head to head about a week ago. Both bats being manufactured under the same owner, the bats are almost identical. The Chill has a smaller, Anderson like knob and a funky convex end cap. Both bats performed very well, and both had a rattle after the session, even with the Chill being right out of the wrapper. Even though she is in love with the Mako, she asked for the 2 Legit as a back up because she felt it was very good, and hit it well. The 2 Legit does run a touch light. DD has 31/21 Mako, and 32/22 Easton SSR3B and swung the 33/23 2 Legit with no adverse affect to her swing.

Oct 10, 2011
My DD got to hit the 2 Legit and the new Miken Chill head to head about a week ago. Both bats being manufactured under the same owner, the bats are almost identical. The Chill has a smaller, Anderson like knob and a funky convex end cap. Both bats performed very well, and both had a rattle after the session, even with the Chill being right out of the wrapper. Even though she is in love with the Mako, she asked for the 2 Legit as a back up because she felt it was very good, and hit it well. The 2 Legit does run a touch light. DD has 31/21 Mako, and 32/22 Easton SSR3B and swung the 33/23 2 Legit with no adverse affect to her swing.
Sounds like she's getting greedy Longball!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207