Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think anchor is a way for folks to remove the rear leg as a driver, although I believe if one sequences correctly its a no teach.

yes. It helps other things as well. I think it enhances or let’s you let it loose so to speak. Oxymoron bc it really just tightens the springs or the contraction.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Seeing same thing here as well

Nice video of slow motion full swing rather than a bunch of stills or starting were it convenient to think one is showing their opinion. They should have named it “Barry Bonds Foul Ball Swing” ;) .

Load: Put your cursor at the front of the cap bill at the beginning. Leave the cursor there for the full swing.

Foot plant: Put your cursor at back hip at .28 as the stride foot is about to plant. Leave cursor there for the rest of the swing.

What do we see then?

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
RHE could be passive in some swings. But it could be used to create rotation. Rear leg doesn't create hip extension. Hip extension is created by the hip extensor muscles. Glute/ham.

If the obliques pull the pelvis where are they anchored?
I'm only concerned about the bold. Passive RHE. Don't push or rotate rear leg or hamstring or glutes. Rotate the pelvis away from the rear leg to take the slack out.

Jul 29, 2013
Look at the position of BBs hands on the bat.
No door knocking knuckles here. He's gonna apply shear forces on the handle and create torque.
How would this knuckle/hand alignment be conducive to a radial/ulnar wrist deviation? Not! The way they're aligned they couldn't act in unison.

Screenshot_2020-05-30-10-50-12.pngScreenshot_2020-05-30-10-50-33.png

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Ya I think they are both just kind of pre-positioning it.

It's an interesting move no doubt.

Barry’s upper body doesn’t move in the frontal plan very much if at all (I believe I got that wording right lol) but his pelvis and legs do. He also has a crazy amount of Mobility in the knee joint to be able to hold the ground with the rear foot....... He is probably a very free mover and has to do that to feel connected..... I believe it is just what he needs to do to compress and create tension throughout his body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
RHE could be passive in some swings. But it could be used to create rotation. Rear leg doesn't create hip extension. Hip extension is created by the hip extensor muscles. Glute/ham.

If the obliques pull the pelvis where are they anchored?

I think Bonds and rendon try to avoid using the rear hip extension for rotation because it might be slow/mistimed. Which would hinder the extension that torques the bat.

Jul 29, 2013
I'm only concerned about the bold. Passive RHE. Don't push or rotate rear leg or hamstring or glutes. Rotate the pelvis away from the rear leg to take the slack out.
What good is taking slack out of rear leg?

@julray would ask, "Why not use both legs?"

How do you rotate the pelvis away from the rear leg using the obliques? The obliques are attached to the pelvis and the rib cage. Are you saying that the obliques contract like a rubber band and pull the pelvis toward the rib cage? If so,....
what holds the ribs still so the pelvis can move?

May 12, 2016

How do you rotate the pelvis away from the rear leg using the obliques? The obliques are attached to the pelvis and the rib cage. Are you saying that the obliques contract like a rubber band and pull the pelvis toward the rib cage? If so,....
Not sure why you are asking me this Bobby? I've never said anything about just using the obliques.. as a matter of fact I said the opposite

May 3, 2014

I could see how that sentence could mean take the slack out of the rear leg. If the rear leg turns with the pelvis there is no slack removal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13