Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Barry’s bat doesn’t move until the middle goes, middle is driving the rotation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barry's bat doesn't move until he can push against his legs and create rotation. His "hand" torque moves the bat so fast that he would never get the bat on plane or to the ball if he wasn't into his legs and able to create fast rotation.
@julray knows that Barry's "hit the ball on the plate" drill is strictly a hands demo with no legs or spine tilt......It's strictly a bat torque drill.

May 3, 2014
Look at the position of BBs hands on the bat.
No door knocking knuckles here. He's gonna apply shear forces on the handle and create torque.
How would this knuckle/hand alignment be conducive to a radial/ulnar wrist deviation? Not! The way they're aligned they couldn't act in unison.

View attachment 18048View attachment 18049

2hK2ch.gif

Jul 29, 2013
Not sure why you are asking me this Bobby? I've never said anything about just using the obliques.. as a matter of fact I said the opposite
Agreed
@Buttermaker is proposing a passive back leg and you've been asking , "Why not use both? " and that is a good question.
More is more, "Why not use both legs?" God gave most of us two and he'd be disappointed if we favored one over the other or didn't use them to their full advantage.

May 12, 2016
Barry's bat doesn't move until he can push against his legs and create rotation. His "hand" torque moves the bat so fast that he would never get the bat on plane or to the ball if he wasn't into his legs and able to create fast rotation.
@julray knows that Barry's "hit the ball on the plate" drill is strictly a hands demo with no legs or spine tilt......It's strictly a bat torque drill.
Bobby, I think you are one beer short of a 24. I am not sure why you keep referring to and referencing my name. I've never said anything about the Bonds drill being a bat torque drill. I did say it a hands drill, all about cleaning the path up.

May 12, 2016
Agreed
@Buttermaker is proposing a passive back leg and you've been asking , "Why not use both? " and that is a good question.
More is more, "Why not use both legs?" God gave most of us two and he'd be disappointed if we favored one over the other or didn't use them to their full advantage.
So why do you keep posting one legged dead lifts and one legged squats? And when I say use both.. I am talking about leverage from launch, which I have mentioned over and over again. With that being said.. I believe both legs provide power, I believe in hip extension.. I just don't see rear leg as being magical(main driver) like some do

May 3, 2014
Agreed
You are cross pollinating pretty much every post out there. Of course, you use both legs. If the rear leg is passive it's still being used for support.

Jul 29, 2013
Nice video of slow motion full swing rather than a bunch of stills or starting were it convenient to think one is showing their opinion. They should have named it “Barry Bonds Foul Ball Swing” ;) .

Load: Put your cursor at the front of the cap bill at the beginning. Leave the cursor there for the full swing.

Foot plant: Put your cursor at back hip at .28 as the stride foot is about to plant. Leave cursor there for the rest of the swing.

What do we see then?
What do you see?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00