Avoiding bad organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Lol share how many organizations the coach of your team has bounced through in the past 5 years...
He's a perfect example of the shuffle.

Without revealing his name does he tell you guys why he keeps jumping around?

Don't recall hearing of any giant blow-ups but yet shuffle he does.
Opportunities presented themselves? Spend more time with his family? More geographically desired? Felt more respected? More exposure for the players? Money? All the above? LOL

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Opportunities presented themselves? Spend more time with his family? More geographically desired? Felt more respected? More exposure for the players? Money? All the above? LOL
Was really teasing,
Simply cuz if anyone's been in travel ball for at least a day everybody's got a story LOL

Dec 11, 2010
Inquiring minds would like to know, conflicts over what?
Silly stuff mostly! Like really silly stuff!

A lot of “he said she said” type stuff, rumor mill fodder, that the org head would unnecessarily get worked up about and then crab on the coaches etc etc

Then the org head would get on Facebook, start out making reasonable points and then work himself into a tizzy live on Facebook. It was pretty entertaining in a Jerry Springer kind of way.

There was other stuff, coaches complaining about not being paid, quitting over petty arguments, stuff like that.

It didn’t really affect my family. Most of the problems involved the families that had been involved with the org the longest and were most invested in the cliques and gossip.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Back to the original post, I would suggest talking to everyone. Trust me, I'm not that guy, but I've learned so much and have heard so many things over the past couple of years. Softball is a very small world and the word gets out quickly. Talk to your teams parents, talk to parents they run into from other teams, talk about other teams. You'll be surprised how much you learn.

I am in the same area as the OP. Take this for what it it, heresay, but I heard a story about your organization at a camp last year. Head of the org was booted from a different org for pocketing tournament money, so he signed up with a national organization. Story could be true or false, but it certainly would make me ask around if my DD wanted to play there.

Most of the stories you will hear will be from a specific point of view, so don't make decisions on what one jilted parent had to say. Ask around. The truth is out there somewhere. Most people that I have run into love the sport and will talk about it endlessly. Have faith, you'll find the right fit after some trial and error.
He wasn't allowed to play in TNJ events with his prior organization because of the actions of bad parents and coaches. I guess he though putting lipstick on his pig would make it something other than a pig. Hint: it didn't.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Silly stuff mostly! Like really silly stuff!

A lot of “he said she said” type stuff, rumor mill fodder, that the org head would unnecessarily get worked up about and then crab on the coaches etc etc

Then the org head would get on Facebook, start out making reasonable points and then work himself into a tizzy live on Facebook. It was pretty entertaining in a Jerry Springer kind of way.

There was other stuff, coaches complaining about not being paid, quitting over petty arguments, stuff like that.

It didn’t really affect my family. Most of the problems involved the families that had been involved with the org the longest and were most invested in the cliques and gossip.
Trainwreck!

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah it was. Ancient history now.

The softball part of it was actually pretty good.

Can you believe this was the best option we had? 😂

It wasn’t bad for us. The Westwind family does a pretty good job of blending in and acting normal everywhere but DFP, lol!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Thats the yakity yak yak of social media/gossip adds garbage that doesn't really have anything to do with the sport of softball but attaches to it like a barnacle on a whale.

Some thrive on it 🧐

Prefer
Ear/Eye filters to help avoid it...😎🥳

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877