Team reneges after extending offer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2021
This all sucks, but do I understand correctly that you accepted an offer without knowing who the coach was??
No, the "coach" made the offer to DD. We even had a call the day after so I could get more info. They were to have several players from within the organization and were looking for only a few more players. He asked her to come back to another tryout the next week to help out too. Then a day later I got an email from another coach stating that they didn't have enough "coaching support" (fielding and batting coaches), so the team was pulled. I finally got the head of the organization to call me back, and he said he didn't feel right not having the right coaching staff in place to have a team, which would make the org looks bad if the team played poorly. (But somehow reneging an offer wouldn't make them look bad.)

He promised he'd check to see if he could put DD on another team and would call me back. It's been more than a week and not a sound from him. Yup, not wanting a bad name out there...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021
so we researched for the top teams in this area and scheduled several private tryouts for her. For one of her top choices, she attended a private tryout and one of their open tryout, and was immediately offered a spot right then and there. Since this was her top choice, she accepted immediately, and we stopped going to other tryouts now that she has secured a spot on her top choice.
Seems there was not enough research done. Sucks this happened but even when moving you research and have a pretty good idea what is going on with the local/regional teams. Accepting on the spot unless they are a legit national powerhouse and you know if they are or not when you arrive is not always the way to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom