Average yearly cost per family for tb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
If not softball, I'd spend 90% of my money on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other 10% I'd probably waste. (favorite sports quote of all time - Tug McGraw).

But seriously, you do need to save some for the whiskey:)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I think for all concerned I don't keep a close tab on the actual dollars spent. Sort of like not keeping track of the liquor bill.

Jun 21, 2010
Our team fees include uniforms, tournament fees, and, if we needed them, matching bags, helmet, and a bat and helmet hanger thingy. So far, fundraising has allowed us to not pay out of pocket for team fees, and if we keep fundraising throughout the year we can deduct gas and hotel cost from our account. Aside from that, bats, gloves, bat bag, and hitting lessons are not that much to worry about. I have no idea what we pay, and don't care to know.

Dec 7, 2011
Our team fees include uniforms, tournament fees, and, if we needed them, matching bags, helmet, and a bat and helmet hanger thingy. So far, fundraising has allowed us to not pay out of pocket for team fees, and if we keep fundraising throughout the year we can deduct gas and hotel cost from our account. Aside from that, bats, gloves, bat bag, and hitting lessons are not that much to worry about. I have no idea what we pay, and don't care to know.

OK - what are your successful fundraising techniques - please share.

Our TB organization has handed out some complex NCAA hoops card things that DD just in understanding what she needs to sell is having difficulty....

Aug 17, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I have never wanted to look at this but since the topic is up and I just booked all of our hotels for the summer. I looked at the total for just hotels. It is $2400 just for hotels for the summer. This is not counting the week for the Nationals.

Apr 1, 2010
I started to try to add up some expenses, got up over $4k just jotting down some of my guesses on her lesson costs, softball camps, team fees, a few pairs of socks, a couple belts, a pair of cleats, our most recent spirit wear order, etc, without even counting gas, travel, entrance fees, tourney tees, drive-thru and concession stand food... The total is probably easily double that. I don't think I really want to know. :-D

Jun 21, 2010
They started with working a large BBQ and was given $500 to split amongst whoever showed up and worked. Car wash, selling kettle corn ( which did very well ) twice, pop sales, spirit cups. DD got three $100 sponsors who's names will be on the team banner. The pop sales they get $6.00 per case sold. Spirit cups I can't remember. More car washes planned and selling more kettle corn and maybe more pop sales.

OK - what are your successful fundraising techniques - please share.

Our TB organization has handed out some complex NCAA hoops card things that DD just in understanding what she needs to sell is having difficulty....

Apr 7, 2013
My Oldest(17) has played TB for 7 years, now my youngest (7 next week) is starting to play. If I had to make an somewhat accurate "guess" I'd say we've averaged between 6-8k a year. Like some have stated the time for our family being together has been invaluable. I'm a sports fanatic so works great for me and my Wife is just a Great Mom, so anything involving her girls is good with her. We see it as Family entertainment and it's money we'd spend other ways. Looking back us signing up my Oldest for Rec ball at 10 was one of the BEST choices we've ever made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish