Average yearly cost per family for tb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
If not softball, I'd spend 90% of my money on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other 10% I'd probably waste. (favorite sports quote of all time - Tug McGraw).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am in the group that probably does not really want to know how much $$$ our family spends on TB, but if I had to take a swag at it I would say $10-12K/year for team fees, weekly pitching lessons, weekly batting lessons, hotels, travel expenses, softball equipment and apparel, and beer/bourbon/cigars for our "coaches meeting" when the team has overnight hotel stays.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Wow, we must have gotten by cheap. I don't think we ever exceeded $6,500-$7,000. DD's team coaches also own a private facility that has hitting and pitching lessons. Pitching lessons were $40/half hour before my dd made her travel team but then, that was included. I did her hitting lessons but she got those for free as well from the staff when she hit with the team's "hitting group." We travled all over the Midwest and parts of the South but I don't recall any big bills. When our team stayed in week long tournaments, we were always able to find an extended stay hotel that typically included meals and were very reasonable. My SUV gets great gas mileage and so that wasn't a problem. I caoch HS ball and so I got discounts on all equipment. We were very selective of the camps my dd attended an so, that was never a problem. DD's team fees might have been steep at $1,200 but they were paid in 3 payments AND, if you got sponsors, you deducted their contributions from the fee. We never paid out of our pocket more than $600. Those fees paid for both pitching lessons, strength and conditioning with certified staff, recruitment videos and continual consultation, 3 uniforms and a helmet, and we never paid any tournament fees for our daughter to play. BTW, we never paid any type of fees not addressed in the first meeting. It is such a well run program.

I guess we just lucked out. I can't imagine what some of you pay.

Apr 11, 2012
If not softball, I'd spend 90% of my money on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other 10% I'd probably waste. (favorite sports quote of all time - Tug McGraw).

LOL....thats pretty good....sometimes I wonder how much money my wife and I would have if we hadn't had our two DD's....then I wonder how much I would have if I was single....then I start to wish I was Tug McGraw....

oh and thank goodness our team is fully sponsored, but she had to work her way to that type of team that doesn't require any players fees.....it covers all tourney costs, 5 sets of uni's, bags, cleats, socks, under armour and even practice wear, but no bats or gloves....but still around the $2.0k-$2.5k range for personal spending on lodging here and there....

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Thankfully we do fundraisers to help with team dues. I don't want to sit down and calculate the money we have and will continue to spend, I know its a lot. We don't have vacations unless you count tournaments and we don't have hobbies unless you count watching the DD. All our extra money goes to the DD's, where it should, someday they will be gone and we'll travel and whatnot but until then, I'm enjoying the ride!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
MAKE IT RAIN:
throwing-money.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd