ASA Code Changes Now Official

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Approved Code Changes

Define limits on unprofessional conduct at National Tournaments

Allied members prohibited from hosting competing events within 14 days of ASA Championship play

Territorial VP must live within territory they serve

Regional directors must live within the region they serve

BOD Voting Approval requires 8 affirmative votes

Commissioners may not be involved with any softball team in championship play

Establishment of a standing Communications Committee

Increases participation opportunities for the Junior Men's team players

Allow any men's SP player to play at the B class level without losing their right to play in original classification

Requires coaches to display ACE certification in dugout

Changes mandatory reclassification in the Co-Ed C & D

Adds single elimination as an option for Championship Play

Allow a change in dates for 18U Gold, Men's B SP, Men's Major FP, Adult 40over & 50over FP

Provides method in which the removal of equipment is handled & penalty

Allows for Men's B SP to use a 3-umpire system for all games

Changes the 23U NC to a NIT

Changes Men's C SP to a NC on Labor Day in OKC and includes the method to qualify for the 64 berths allowed

Allows JO A FP teams to travel to tournament of their choice

Removes the 12 automatic "returning" berths from the JO 18U Gold Championships

Change the Men's D Championship series qualified teams to the top 4 finishers in each territorial NC and the allocation of rooms per team

Clarifies the umpire housing accommodation responsibilities of host associations

Increase umpire fees for National Championships

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Hey MTR, are they going to allow the umps to have their seeing eye dog and white cane on the field now to:eek: okay I had to go there!! but really thank you for your up dates:D I really hope you have short memory, if you ever ump one of our games:confused:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Hey MTR, are they going to allow the umps to have their seeing eye dog and white cane on the field now to:eek: okay I had to go there!! but really thank you for your up dates:D I really hope you have short memory, if you ever ump one of our games:confused:

Sure and they will let the coaches bring their monkeys and organ grinder onto the field to deliver the line-up card they had to complete for you ;)

Jul 28, 2008
I don't know if I posted this before on this website or not, but here's a picture I took of the umpire's room at Safeco. I found it pretty funny. :)

UmpiresRoom.jpg

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I saw a printed sign once in GA over the mens room toilet many years ago. Said "place your umpire complaints here". Wish I'd taken a picture, it was one of those Kodak moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad