Around the Horn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My DD's 14U team went C-1B-SS-2B-3B-P.
We did this and after the ball got back to the pitcher, she would put her glove out with the ball in it, and I would
touch it with the tip of my index finger.
Very important :)

May 29, 2015
Grumpire (grumpy umpire) opinion ... just NO. Especially the collapsing on the pitcher's circle and standing around talking. If you want to push me towards losing patience with you, this is one of the best ways to do that.

Seriously, if you do it, you better be able to do it and it better not interrupt the pace of the game. A 75-minute time-limit tournament game is not the place to practice.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Grumpire (grumpy umpire) opinion ... just NO. Especially the collapsing on the pitcher's circle and standing around talking. If you want to push me towards losing patience with you, this is one of the best ways to do that.

Seriously, if you do it, you better be able to do it and it better not interrupt the pace of the game. A 75-minute time-limit tournament game is not the place to practice.

Lighten up, Francis.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've seen it done where it depends on whether a RH or LH hitter is up. Cannot remember what my teams did tbh.

I have not seen any softball teams (travel ball or high school ball) do it in my area. However, we regularly did it in baseball while I was growing up. I remember doing it in Little League.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018

I hear ya, and I think that's the main reason teams don't do it. No one wants to delay a game that already doesn't have enough playing time.

Of course on the opposite side is the coach who preps every batter with a pep talk before they get up to the plate, leaving the fielding team (and fans, and umpires) sitting around waiting.

May 29, 2015
One offensive conference per inning. Penalty for insisting on a second is ejection. Seriously.

Not being grumpy, that’s just a fact. :)

Sep 21, 2017
PA
I have not seen any softball teams (travel ball or high school ball) do it in my area. However, we regularly did it in baseball while I was growing up. I remember doing it in Little League.

I was wondering how much of a regional thing this would be. I've been coaching softball in PA for 7 years, and I've not seen one team throw around after a K, ever. We'll do the quick jog to the circle, high five and back to positions.

I coached in Southern Illinois for 14 and I don't remember one there, either.

We did it while I was playing baseball, but never in softball. I've even asked my girls and they don't want to do it.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team started doing it randomly today..literally it was random because I asked one of the ACs after and he said "They just did it on their own.."  My guess is the catcher's father, who is a large pain in the arse, told his kid to do it but that may just be me being cynical

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd