Around the Horn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Makes it a lot more reliable if the players are converging toward the circle while going around, so by the time the last player catches it she can practically hand it to the pitcher.

Yep, I like that aspect of it as well. Let's them communicate as well.

Oct 4, 2018
If you are going to do it, you better practice it because if done wrong it looks pretty bad. If done I like throwing to 1B first to keep C ready for an D3K situations.

So true. No better way to ruin a great strikeout than the catcher firing the ball into left field. :D

Nov 18, 2015
I know it's called around the horn - but most of my experience with it is from being a catcher - doesn't it go C-3B-2B-SS-P? If you start at 1B, do you leave out the 3B? (b/c this things are vital to avoiding the wrath of the ATH Police!)

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
Our girls started "around the horn at 12u" my pet peeve with it now at 16u level is during the throws the girls shorten up till the final toss to the pitcher is a hand off then they slap hands with each other. I tell her to stay in her position toss it around and get back to work but the huddle at the mound drives me nuts. Act like you've gotten an out before.. play ball

Aug 25, 2019
I've never seen my DD's team do it, and going to tourneys in the northeast, I really don't recall seeing any teams do it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I know it's called around the horn - but most of my experience with it is from being a catcher - doesn't it go C-3B-2B-SS-P? If you start at 1B, do you leave out the 3B? (b/c this things are vital to avoiding the wrath of the ATH Police!)

My DD's 14U team went C-1B-SS-2B-3B-P.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Our girls started "around the horn at 12u" my pet peeve with it now at 16u level is during the throws the girls shorten up till the final toss to the pitcher is a hand off then they slap hands with each other. I tell her to stay in her position toss it around and get back to work but the huddle at the mound drives me nuts. Act like you've gotten an out before.. play ball

I have zero issues with a little moment of camaraderie, and some kudos for the P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd