AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
But.....but he's a pro....it's got to be right................
giphy.gif
426 million $$$ says YES he’s right.

LOL but you believe a pool 🎱 guy. 🤣

Because he swings in his basement for 21/2 years. Hahahahahahaha

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Good luck, guys. Sincerely.
I felt same way for a long time... I'm starting to understand a little better what they mean, especially I picked up the bat and tried it myself. Demos can look ridiculous without the entire swing and supporting muscles being activated

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I felt same way for a long time... I'm starting to understand a little better what they mean, especially I picked up the bat and tried it myself. Demos can look ridiculous without the entire swing and supporting muscles being activated

Yes. Demos can look ridiculous...especially when they are intended to be.

When the intent of slo-mo demos is tuned up to full speed, and rotational forces starting pulling things in different directions, they can look very different. This is another factor that gets overlooked a lot (IMO). However, my big problem with someone like ARod demonstrating a downward chop the way he did is that parents/coaches who don't know better are going to teach their kids/players that their swing is supposed to look like that at full speed because it's what MLB-superstar said he does.

May 12, 2016
Yes. Demos can look ridiculous...especially when they are intended to be.

When the intent of slo-mo demos is tuned up to full speed, and rotational forces starting pulling things in different directions, they can look very different. This is another factor that gets overlooked a lot (IMO). However, my big problem with someone like ARod demonstrating a downward chop the way he did is that parents/coaches who don't know better are going to teach their kids/players that their swing is supposed to look like that at full speed because it's what MLB-superstar said he does.
So the ferris wheel is not always 12 to 6 right I mean... I mean if you consider lateral tilt and pitch location, the orientation of the ferris wheel changes. I always though TM's demos where ridiculous because he always focused on dumping the barrel.. getting to a lower pitch I guess. But as I learned more, I understood more. I think the same thing happening here with all the pros who say they go straight down to the ball. I honestly believe that's their intention, except the ball isn't sitting on a tee directly below the hitter. it traveling towards the hitter on it's own plane, so the hitter reacts/adjusts their body appropriately to get to that pitch, ARODS demo looks much different considering all of that. That's why I said it needs more context.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Exaggeration is no good for anybody IMO, regardless of the source or what's being demonstrated... it's too misleading and leads to confusion. Both Arod and "the other guy"exaggerate, if taken literal, one could lead to a very steep path, and the other can lead to dumping the barrel.

I agree with you.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So the ferris wheel is not always 12 to 6 right I mean... I mean if you consider lateral tilt and pitch location, the orientation of the ferris wheel changes. I always though TM's demos where ridiculous because he always focused on dumping the barrel.. getting to a lower pitch I guess. But as I learned more, I understood more. I think the same thing happening here with all the pros who say they go straight down to the ball. I honestly believe that's their intention, except the ball isn't sitting on a tee directly below the hitter. it traveling towards the hitter on it's own plane, so the hitter reacts/adjusts their body appropriately to get to that pitch, ARODS demo looks much different considering all of that. That's why I said it needs more context.

Think about combining the ferris wheel with the laser drill that TM uses. The laser sets the angle. 12/6 on a tilted plane from there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar