AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
"He exaggerates both techniques. So what. He's showing both extremes. So what."

He whose name we do not speak also exaggerates, but we seem to have an issue with that. I guess it all depends who the exaggerations come from. Sorry... I couldn't resist... ;)
Exaggeration is no good for anybody IMO, regardless of the source or what's being demonstrated... it's too misleading and leads to confusion. Both Arod and "the other guy"exaggerate, if taken literal, one could lead to a very steep path, and the other can lead to dumping the barrel.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
"He exaggerates both techniques. So what. He's showing both extremes. So what."

He whose name we do not speak also exaggerates, but we seem to have an issue with that. I guess it all depends who the exaggerations come from. Sorry... I couldn't resist... ;)

That’s not MY issue. He calls ‘match’ that’s my issue

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
One he represents as the correct way to hit a ball. Thousands of parents and coaches are going to see this and teach exactly what he demonstrates as being "right", simply because it's ARod, and without any further investigation to find out that his real swing looks nothing like that. It's an awful demonstration, and a flat-out lie.

It’s not. I teach it. It’s very real and right.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Exaggeration is no good for anybody IMO, regardless of the source or what's being demonstrated... it's too misleading and leads to confusion. Both Arod and "the other guy"exaggerate, if taken literal, one could lead to a very steep path, and the other can lead to dumping the barrel.

If one could instruct. One could easily know the cue is ‘down to with a line drive’ or on a high tee ‘nothing higher than the pitchers head’. I wonder if some people are just to lazy to try these things! 😂

May 24, 2013
So Cal

ARod's demonstration of a "launch angle swing" is ridiculous. It's not an exaggeration to understand a feeling (which has value in the context of teaching), it's a complete mischaracterization with the intent to discredit.

Jun 8, 2016
ARod's demonstration of a "launch angle swing" is ridiculous
Personally I am a fan of an exit velocity swing but that is just me.. Or perhaps somebody will start a thread about a spin rate swing..that should be good. Next somebody could give a lecture on a ball flight distance swing..😂 (and yes I knew you put quotes on their for a reason... :) )

May 12, 2016
Why do so many pros demo what AROD is demoing? I think they need to add a little context..for example what happens to the barrel after?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12