AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I would say to this. Every pro comes out and says what they do or their intent. They ‘post’ swings as well. There’s your proof. They are all liars? Everyone of them?
I believe what they say their intentions are. We are not talking about that..at least I am not.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
‘Down to’relative to the pitch. #NoLoops
Look at the hands....whats the barrel going to do......'LOOP'.
Braun-Ryan-Top-Hand-Demo.gif

MoreHands.gif

Braun-Ryan-2012-08-12-Between-Pitches-2.gif

braunturn_zps5205cb2f.gif

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
You could say the same thing about Jennie Finch pitching, but the mechanics she promoted did serious damage to countless youth pitchers. Only those who grew beyond her teachings survived, those who stayed the course failed.

It's definitely great to listen whenever a pro has insight to offer, but the Hanson rule must apply to them as well. If it comes down to a choice of who to listen to, I'd rather stick with proven teachers who's students and disciples are literally changing the hitting instruction game.

Here are a few of TM's successes, maybe if naysayers published their stats, their words would hold more merit.

Typical those who need to prove themselves by posting their accolades are not confident. I'll stick with the best hitters in the world, I'll do more than just listen, I will try to understand what they mean before I just go ahead and discount years or knowledge and hitting experience. I'll pick up a bat and try to understand their point, take a couple of swings and feel what they are feeling. I'll stick with Romero, Chamberlain etc. All of these players have had the best hitting coaches in the world. Are you telling me they weren't capable of telling these guys/ladies that what they feel is wrong? We can talk about applying the Hanson Rule all we want, but common sense goes a long was as well. Simple physics explains why the barrel behaves the way it does (See RDB's post above) when the hands/knob take a straight line to the ball.

Oct 2, 2017
Hi my name is Ron. Lol. Good stuff.

‘Down to’relative to the pitch. #NoLoops

Hi Ron Lol

I've been reading through this thread and all the back and forth, her is my take on the AROD demo. I think what missing from the demo is that AROD does swing down or taking his hands down to the ball. Obviously he doesn't chop at the ball like in the demo, so that is misleading, but it is a feeling that he is trying to produce. So in a sense he is correct, but he should state it as a feeling. I don't necessarily think that he is intentionally trying to turn the barrel either in his game swing. I think he understands how the hands and body have connection in the swing. I'm not technically savvy so excuse me. Which naturally turns the barrel to the ball. I picture it as he is swinging down or takes a direct downward path with his hands. But as the body turns and tilts it creates a turn of the barrel. Example would be: the body is the tilted farris wheel turning, The hands take a downward path initially into the turning wheel which produces the barrel turn and bath path to the ball. Make sense?

Jun 8, 2016
If you don’t question their intentions. Then you question their honesty? Not sure what you mean here. Their cues produce their swings. Elaborate please
I am saying that taking their intentions or even what you see them doing in video, building a set of drills/instruction based upon that and then claiming that the resulting swing will be a match is foolish...for ANYBODY including TM, W=w, Peter Attar or Joe Blow. I am not claiming that it won't produce a productive swing if done correctly.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Look at the hands....whats the barrel going to do......'LOOP'.
Braun-Ryan-Top-Hand-Demo.gif

MoreHands.gif

Braun-Ryan-2012-08-12-Between-Pitches-2.gif

braunturn_zps5205cb2f.gif
Yes of course. On the outside you will see a bigger loop than the inside. (Braun’s loop is tiny by the way due to being a high away pitch). Because release was earlier. But a ‘forced’ loop is not the goal. The barrel has to drop below the hands or be even at worse. Above can get ugly aka tomahawK. But Ive seen it.

These guys know if the barrel dips below the hands too early, something has to compensate that to make contact. All leverage has dissipated and your on your back leg now trying to keep the barrel on plane. Or tilting to stay on plane. Or both.

Since Mass follows force. If you loop on purpose what has to happen to keep the barrel on plane? Answer is above ...

So yes there is a ‘loop’... but not a forced one.

May 12, 2016
Too many people looking at the result
Yes of course. On the outside you will see a bigger loop than the inside. (Braun’s loop is tiny by the way due to being a high away pitch). Because release was earlier. But a ‘forced’ loop is not the goal. The barrel has to drop below the hands or be even at worse. Above can get ugly aka tomahawK. But Ive seen it.

These guys know if the barrel dips below the hands too early, something has to compensate that to make contact. All leverage has dissipated and your on your back leg now trying to keep the barrel on plane. Or tilting to stay on plane. Or both.

Since Mass follows force. If you loop on purpose what has to happen to keep the barrel on plane? Answer is above ...

So yes there is a ‘loop’... but not a forced one.
Exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG