Anybody see this last weekend?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016

Surprised more CF don't try this in fastpitch (assuming she did it on purpose)

Dec 15, 2018
CT
If she did it on purpose, it was pretty sly - like, would be hard to judge (if you had to) that she did.

The rule for intentional drop only applies to infielders, so an outfielder can indeed intentionally drop a fly ball (at least for USA, I'm guessing it's the same for NCAA / HS).

Jun 8, 2016
That would work every time against our high school team.
I wonder if they practice that (again assuming it was on purpose) or Jayda just has big enough cajones to do it on her own...
I'll try to find a peephole in the fence next week to spy on them and then get back to everybody..

May 21, 2018
I wonder if they practice that (again assuming it was on purpose) or Jayda just has big enough cajones to do it on her own...
I'll try to find a peephole in the fence next week to spy on them and then get back to everybody..
I'm guessing she did it on her own. At this point they could play blind folded and beat most teams.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm guessing she did it on her own. At this point they could play blind folded and beat most teams.
OSU made it interesting for one game last weekend. OU fans on social media were in an uproar..as if they are not allowed to have an off game once every 40 games.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
To me that seems pretty dangerous as the dropped ball could squirt away pretty easily.

Jun 8, 2016
To me that seems pretty dangerous as the dropped ball could squirt away pretty easily.
I don't disagree, and that is what I said to someone who mentioned to me
that she did it before I saw it. However after looking at it, it looked like she sort of controlled it in her glove to have it fall soft..

That said I wouldn't do that on any of the OF that DD's team plays on (outside of USA Stadium..which they play on maybe once or twice a year). Ball may end up down the RF line..

Maybe it wasn't on purpose I guess..drops happen even to All Americans 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
Not related to this play specifically, but it really is insane how much better OU is than the rest.

#1 in runs scored, ERA, and fielding %.
Other than undercooked room service, how do you beat them?

Jun 8, 2016
Not related to this play specifically, but it really is insane how much better OU is than the rest.

#1 in runs scored, ERA, and fielding %.
Other than undercooked room service, how do you beat them?
Beating them once is possible. Twice I am not so sure of but that is why they play the games..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma