Any tips for my daughter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2012
yes i see the bat drag that she does have.. I will do my research on the other threads.. I didnt mean to bring up old topics, but i know it happens here all the time. I will back track and check out old threads

thanks..

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Wow was that your version of a tip?

Yes.

Picking on a 9 y/o with a three sentence answer?

The young lady was not picked on. She was informed that she was a ‘bat dragger’, which is the truth. No adjectives were used to insinuate that the girl was being picked on. Reality is what it is … this young girl drags the barrel … as do many young players that don’t know how to use their hands properly.

I'm sure that's just the feedback he was looking for.

I believe this to be true. Such information can be ‘new’ to the parent … and that information can help provide direction on what portion of the swing to work on.

I'm sure he understands all the complex stages of hitting, well you apparently assume he does so why stop at bat dragging?

This sport is not for the lazy. The expectation on my end is that the parent will perform the work necessary to correct the issue that was pointed out …. Which IMO will require that they educate themselves on the topic.

Why stop there? True, there were other issues … but getting the hands correct is a good place to start …. And many times improves areas of the swing that no longer require Band-aids … Band-aids that destroy solid movement patterns and hurt the hitter in the long run.

If your going to pick it apart then have at it. Ridiculous.

Isolating on one swing issue at a time is not ridiculous IMO.

The dude ask for feedback not snarcasim.

The ‘dude’ received factual feedback. The reader can read into the post what they wish. In your case you read in ‘snarcasim’. RDB read the post for its true intent. People look at the world differently … not my problem, and not my interest in solving.

To the OP if you would like some BASIC drills or fundamentals send me a PM

The issue with going the route of PMs is that it helps less people that come here to read about the solutions people seek. It also communicates information without the open/public screening … if the solutions are sound enough then posting them in public shouldn’t be a concern, because you can easily defend them.

No charge, Chest puffing, or dumb witted comments.

The information I provided was without charge. The other attributes is your view … something I can’t control or have a desire to control. I put the information out there and care less how you feel about it.

I would personally tell you to start working on her bottom half at 9 until she understands the basics of casting.

There is work on the lower body to be done … and IMO an area that would be well targeted after an understanding of hand usage was established. I could understand working on the general sequence first. Not quite understanding why you would isolate on the lower body UNTIL the basics of casting are understood … but if that works for your hitters, then that’s good for them.