Any analysis on #14's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Howard-
My apologies for my misunderstanding, is the hand over drill different from this one?

It appears she is doing two drills.

The "hand over" is what she is doing with her hands.

IMO, if she places her top hand (which is now against the bat) palm down on top of her bottom hand she will see better results. She will have more strength to throw the bat at the ball. Also, there is a tendency to push the bat away when the palm is against the bat instead of toward the ball.

Jun 27, 2008
Would this hitter be considered a back slapper as well?
unt-waters-rear-hr-cf-ab3.gif

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
It appears she is doing two drills.

The "hand over" is what she is doing with her hands.

IMO, if she places her top hand (which is now against the bat) palm down on top of her bottom hand she will see better results. She will have more strength to throw the bat at the ball. Also, there is a tendency to push the bat away when the palm is against the bat instead of toward the ball.

Yes she is doing face the fire and the hand over drill at he same time.

Thanks Howrd

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Would this hitter be considered a back slapper as well?

Yes you can see the pitch is out side and the front side is opening, squished the bug and the wrist rolled and the lead elbow folded up because she did not get to extension in my opinion. It could be a home run however she could do better in my opinion.

Thanks Howard

Oct 12, 2009
Yes you can see the pitch is out side and the front side is opening, squished the bug and the wrist rolled and the lead elbow folded up because she did not get to extension in my opinion. It could be a home run however she could do better in my opinion.

Part of this is because she's dropping her hands to adjust as opposed to adjusting totally via tilt.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009

Part of this is because she's dropping her hands to adjust as opposed to adjusting totally via tilt.

Chris with her front side opening totally, it would be stride in my mind thinking what contributed to what and trying to link what would this cause this to happen and then work up from there. If her stride was forward and hips were opening and rotation was forward totally, on an outside pitch why would tilt be suspect first. I feel the hips are firing first in a swing and the hands are last so dropping the hands verses tilt may be the proper order of investigation. Seeing the lack of extension suggest wrist roll also.

If she had just started tilt first would this have fixed the stride, squishing the bug, rolling the wrist and lack of extension?

I am trying to link the entire break down of the swing, so help me out a little so the parents that question me understand what we are seeing.

Thanks Howard

May 7, 2008
DFW
Actually I think your both right.

Howard everything you stated was correct. I also think what Chris stated was accurate. My feeling is based on her position at the start of the swing that the hitter had too much knee flex at the beginning of the swing. Its one thing to "Soften" the knees. Its another to bend them like your getting ready to sit on the commode. I think she adjusted down with her knees. Not her hands and that by doing that she didnt tilt.

Dana.

Oct 12, 2009

The low finish of the hands by the front hips says dropping the hands to me.

Chris with her front side opening totally, it would be stride in my mind thinking what contributed to what and trying to link what would this cause this to happen and then work up from there. If her stride was forward and hips were opening and rotation was forward totally, on an outside pitch why would tilt be suspect first. I feel the hips are firing first in a swing and the hands are last so dropping the hands verses tilt may be the proper order of investigation.

I don't see any obvious stride alignment issues.

Seeing the lack of extension suggest wrist roll also. If she had just started tilt first would this have fixed the stride, squishing the bug, rolling the wrist and lack of extension?

I would argue that any early wrist roll issues, and I'm not sure that I see any, are a function of the outside pitch location and the fact that she doesn't release with the top hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32