Any analysis on #14's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

#14's dad,

It looks like her stride foot went too high in the air and came down pretty hard. I like the stride out like your striding on this ICE approach. To me the length of the stride is perfect but try to have her stride like she is striding on thin ice. I hope this helps.

Sean

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
#14's dad, In the second clip, more than anything else I see her front elbow going down instead of going up resulting in a downward swing. I agree with the poster in regards to loading the bat back toward the pitcher a bit more but I see more to like in her swing than not. She has an efficient quick swing as evidenced by her heel not dropping until the ball is well on its way to the plate.

May 12, 2008
If that's what you mean by ice then I'm with you. Just as any cue can be great with any given hitter, the opposite is true. I have seen the stepping onto ice cue result in sliding the hips forward during the swing because they had not shifted weight onto the front foot in time.

May 12, 2008
#14's dad, In the second clip, more than anything else I see her front elbow going down instead of going up resulting in a downward swing.
Yes. Part of that is arm action and part of it is posture and rotation problems.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
Lots of good post, another thing I see is that shes not getting extended through the ball (backslapping), if you check out some of the other post youll find Howards hand over drill. you might try this. Short to the ball, long through the ball.(bat going upward over the shoulder through extension)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck