ANOTHER bat break-in question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
After reading the replies to my other post, I realized I have another question that I never asked.

Do the less expensive, single-wall aluminum bats need to be broken in? do they start out with a flat period and get better over time or are they pretty much at their best right out of the wrapper?

I have a Pyrotech that was used for one short season and given up for dead. also 10 yo DD just got a new bat and I didn't know if I (or she) should be expecting optimum performance from the start.

thanks!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I think that they are pretty much flat right out of the wrapper and stay that way.

I bought an Easton at Walmart last year, to try it, and it made such a tinny sound when hit, that people on my slow pitch team were staring at me. I sold it on Ebay.

What bat did she just buy?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
She got an Easton Typhoon 30/20. She had an Easton Cyclone 29/21 and a DiMarini Fastpitch 30/19 and I wanted to try her with a slightly bigger bat. I didn't want to get a bat that would 'make her a good hitter', I wanted a bat that she could hit the ball harder with. I think the 30" length is right for her so I wanted to see how she hits with that length in a heavier bat.

She's too young (and growing) for me to spend a lot on a bat, but if I found a good fit that would last her a couple seasons, I'd be willing to spend a bit more. That said, do you have any recommendations?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach