ankle weight while pitching...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2009
North Florida
We just got home from a Tournament, let me explain something we witnessed: One pitcher from an 18U team was wearing an ankle weight in her pivot foot while pitching! By the way, she was not doing that good, but I have never seen anything like that. Any comments...

Jul 26, 2010
I'd have to guess she's had some issues being illegal? Honestly I think it's a horrible idea, as soon as that weight comes off she's going to be even MORE prone to leaping, but perhaps it helped their team get through the tournament?

-W

Jul 26, 2010
As in during the game? How is that even legal?

I couldn't find anything in the rulebook prohibiting it.

Hell this year's college world series was full of girls with so much duct tape on their shoe it was 1"-2" longer to keep them legal.

-W

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I couldn't find anything in the rulebook prohibiting it.

Hell this year's college world series was full of girls with so much duct tape on their shoe it was 1"-2" longer to keep them legal.

-W

If the pitcher was wearing it, the rest of the team should have had it on also, they all have to be 'Unifrom' in appearance.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I used ankle weight occasionally for my students, to make them drive harder. Do that for several minutes, then take them off and they thought their legs weighed nothing. Longer and faster stride, real quick. Have them start off slowly at first.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877