Anderson Rocketflex??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Rocketech double-walled barrel, composite handle, true -10 drop bat bearing the most recent ASA, 2012 USSSA, etc. stamps, but not on the NCAA approved bat list yet. Expect it will be less endloaded and swing similar to a 1" shorter RT. I am (im)patiently waiting for hands on feedback.

Sep 18, 2011
Just out of curiostiy, anyone know why Anderson bats are banned by the NCAA? it is surprsing to me that a bat could pass tests by USSSA and ASA but not the NCAA. I don't get it.

Dec 11, 2010
Anderson bats are not banned- check out the link below to the NCAA approved list:

NCAA

I'm sure they have some bats on the banned list too but all of their current bats are listed there except the Rocketflex.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Anderson bats are not banned- check out the link below to the NCAA approved list:

NCAA

I'm sure they have some bats on the banned list too but all of their current bats are listed there except the Rocketflex.

My bad, I should have been clearer. The Rocketflex is not banned, it just hasn't been added yet to the NCAA list of approved bats. Apparently Anderson's first FP Rocketflex production run missed the cut off to be submitted to the NCAA for testing and inclusion on the most recent list (Jan 2013). I fully expect the Rocketflex to show up on the upcoming March 2013 NCAA updated list of approved bats as a similar situation transpired last year with the FPRT.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Update and excellent news. I have been advised by the Anderson Bat Co. that the FP Rocketflex will be included on NCAA's soon to be released March update list of approved bats. Soon the college girls will be able to swing away with the Rocketflex, too

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
It will be more endloaded than the standard RT. The barrel of the standard RT 33inch is the same as a 33" rtflex, the composite handle takes a ounce off the bat weight. So they lightened the handle of a RT.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It will be more endloaded than the standard RT. The barrel of the standard RT 33inch is the same as a 33" rtflex, the composite handle takes a ounce off the bat weight. So they lightened the handle of a RT.

I don't think its quite that simple. I don't have firsthand experience yet, but based on the one review I've seen, the FP Rocketflex actually is less endloaded than the same length std FPRT. The FP FRT reportedly is a true -10 so it actually weighs approx. 3 oz less than a std FPRT of the same length. I think it may be a good thing that IAnderson is re-introducing their 30-day return policy!

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Actually, I think C.K was pretty close about the end loading. I was able to weigh both bats today; the 30/21 RT weighed in at 24oz on the nose. The 30/20 RF tipped the scale at just a hair under 22oz, with its center of balance existing nearly 2 full inches further towards the end cap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06