Anderson Rocketflex??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Actually, I think C.K was pretty close about the end loading. I was able to weigh both bats today; the 30/21 RT weighed in at 24oz on the nose. The 30/20 RF tipped the scale at just a hair under 22oz, with its center of balance existing nearly 2 full inches further towards the end cap.

Dumb question but the 30", 21oz RT actually weighs 24oz?

As a follow up to this post, weighed DD RT on a digital scale and its 22oz which seems more reasonable. I was concerned from the above post because I thought my DD went from a 18.5 oz bat to a RT of 24 oz !

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
I thought the Rocketflex was supposed to be a balanced bat, as opposed to the Rocketech, which is end loaded. You're saying the new Rocketflex is even MORE end loaded than the RT?? Now i am thoroughly confused.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Ours definitely is more endloaded; although it doesn't seem to be noticable in her swing. Haven't compared it to the newer RTs; hopefully someone can verify

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ours definitely is more endloaded; although it doesn't seem to be noticable in her swing. Haven't compared it to the newer RTs; hopefully someone can verify

This is the interesting thing with Andersons - the 1.5 oz knob gives them a lot of flexibility to re-position the center of mass (COM) and fine tune the moment of inertia (MOI). Until more FP RTFs hit the market and get swung and reviewed there's no question its best to swing before you buy. Which is why its great news that Anderson has re-introduced its 30-day Proof at the Plate program

From the ABC website:

THE PROOF IS AT THE PLATE

The popular Proof Is at the Plate program is back!!! Anderson Bat Company is the only bat manufacturer to guarantee customer satisfaction by offering a 30-day trial program on all Anderson bats. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can exchange it for another Anderson bat or receive store credit.

The Proof Is at the Plate Program Benefits:

The Proof Is at the Plate program allows ballplayers to audition their Anderson bat risk-free where it counts most - at the plate!

It is 100% risk-free! All you need to do is purchase an Anderson bat from an authorized Anderson bat dealer that is participating in the Proof Is at the Plate program and try it for 30 days. If you don’t like the bat for any reason, return it to the store along with your original receipt for a different Anderson bat or store credit for the bat of your choice.

It is a truly simple and hassle-free program that is administered by your local authorized Anderson bat dealer. It is important to determine that your authorized dealer is a participant in the program before purchasing your bat.

Do not contact Anderson Bat Company directly with Proof Is at the Plate returns. This offer is only offered through participating dealers and can only be redeemed through the dealer where the original purchase was made.

THE PROOF IS AT THE PLATE!

Dec 11, 2010
I saw my first Rocketflex in person today. The knob was the same familiar Anderson size but was obviously composite like the rest of the handle, not like the solid aluminum billet looking knob of a RT.

Just holding a RT and a RF in my hands I could not feel a difference. I wish one of DD's was there, they seem to be able to feel if a fly pooped on the barrel.

The Proof at the Plate program is awesome and tells you that ABC knows all they have to do is get their bats in people's hands and let the bat do the selling. It works. Almost every otf home run I saw last summer was a grizzled looking old RT that looked like a yard sale reject. Now both of my dd's have them instead of just one. BTW, I do not believe I saw an otf HR by a delightfully glossy Xeno. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
I talked to the owner when the bats were in testing a year and a half ago and again 2 months ago. The're going to be more endloaded than a standard RT.

Jan 24, 2009
Actual scale weights for the curious:

The 2012/13 33" RTFP, new in the wrapper, weighs 26.71 oz. (2.71 oz over listed wt)

The 2013 33" RF, new in the wrapper, weighs 24.46 oz. (1.46 oz over listed wt)

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06