Amazing young lady

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2013
Says I have to login to facebook to see it. Can you post the story for those of us who don't have facebook accounts?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I can imagine what the bio parents thought. They probably knew that they could not support her and help her and it was probably common in their country to walk away from a baby with disabilities. The story does not cover the hardships that the adoptive parents must have endured, to help her. This could not have been smooth sailing.

I am so happy that couples like her family exist.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I can imagine what the bio parents thought. They probably knew that they could not support her and help her and it was probably common in their country to walk away from a baby with disabilities. The story does not cover the hardships that the adoptive parents must have endured, to help her. This could not have been smooth sailing.

I am so happy that couples like her family exist.

Some how I doubt that Hollywood qualifies as a 3rd world country and parents who could afford to send their daughter with two legs to Marta & Bela Karolyi to train to be an Olympic gymnast probably had the means and wherewithal to raise a daughter with no legs.

That said, amazing job by the adoptive parents!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
It starts off like a sad story, but the truth of it is the way it began was the best thing that ever happened to her. Her parents raised her to be a complete person, the parents who left her behind had to know that they couldn't (wouldn't) do that.

Puts a lot of things into perspective. As many of you know my dd has an autoimmune disease (2 of them actually) that affect her every single day. This sort of story grounds me, reminds me how much we have and how much we can do with what we have.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Friends! We r blessed to live in such a great country!!

God always uses the impossible for the possible!

What a selfless act by the adoptive parents!

God bless them!

U know I think he has done that!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32