All star/TB delima

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 19, 2011
DD wants to play AS and TB. There would be no conflicts in tournaments so far. I personally think that is to much for a 10 yr old. Practice 4 days a week for and then tournaments every weekend for the next 8 weeks. Whats your opinion? I don't want to burn her out(or me or mom or brother). She loves to play but I think that is just to much. They just got out of school and if she plays both, our summer would be gone and she wouldnt get to enjoy that needed time off. She was committed for TB first and has a chance to play in the world series in July for that team. Even though I don't think we will compete very well in 10U. Probably pool play and then 2 and out(Just don't have any depth in pitching). Her AS team was 3rd in state last year and has a very good chance of getting back to state this year. It will be like this for years to come if she continues to play rec and travel. What to do? What to do?

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Your summers are about to change forever. I would be more worried about you, wife, other kids, then DD. If your FAMILY can handle it, go for it.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
It will be like this for years to come if she continues to play rec and travel. What to do? What to do?

Welcome to the Club! Just be clear with your DD that if she makes this commitment, she cannot back out until the season is over. If she is all in and wants to do it, I would support her. You will find that the time and effort your family put in to supporting your DD is well worth it.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We did this and it was a bit much. Not so much for DD but for Me and the rest of the family. Made me nuts. So the next year we did it again and this year we said no All Star team and let her play AAU basketball plus 12 SB tourneys.

I've gotten used to the schedule and remain confident the fishing poles and boat won't hold it against me when I have time again to use them.

Oct 18, 2009
My DD did both last year as a 10yo. But she would play every day all day if she could. It's my wife and I that get burned out...

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My DD did both last year as a 10yo. But she would play every day all day if she could. It's my wife and I that get burned out...

Exactly true...your DD isn't going to get burned out, but you might. The issue is about you and your family. Since you've got some hesitation, don't do it.

When she is 12YOA or so, you'll have plenty of time to ride the softball circuit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish