Advice on bat for 7 yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2014
My DD is about to turn seven. Has played a lot of softball in her young life already. She used a 29/18 CF6 Sprite this season and hit very well with it. We have recently started practicing on pitching machine. I'm looking for a slightly bigger bat now. What are your opinions on the following bats;

Rip It Drop 10 Air 30/20
2013 Miken Freak NXT Light 31/19

Both of these rated very well on various websites including Just Bats. Both are less than $150.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I personally think that the bat that she has is great and probably an inch too big, already. Personally, I don't even consider a -12 bat. I just don't like the light weight bats. You could get her a 29, 19 and that would still move her up an ounce, which a lot.

If I wanted to get her a gift, I would get her a Vinci ball glove. I am running into so many of my young students that have cheap gloves. (That might not be true, in your case.) Good luck in softball. It is all fun.

Apr 7, 2013
Unless she is a really big 7 year old, the bat she is swinging is the one I'd suggest. I coach an 8u Travel team and I think the CF6/CF7 is the best bat on the market for 8u/10u girls. My Daughter is a big, extremely strong 8yr old and she swings 30/20 Xeno. 29/18 for a 7yr old sounds about right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619