6 y/o DD swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
Looking good for a 6yo!
Little hard to spot things from this angle, but looks like her hands might be rolling over early? Is she palm up/down at contact?
I wouldn't worry about the shoulder pulling off at this age. What Clem said, swing hard!

Things to work on: Lots of live ball, work on timing, lock in that swing before you start tweaking.

Feb 4, 2020
this is a great swing. No matter what age. You teach her? Well done ! 👏 👏
She’s done a little bit of lessons through her rec team. The rest came natural!

My swing was awful when I played. I’m just now starting to learn how to teach swing by watching my sons lessons.

We got the kids a cage for Christmas, so I’m trying to learn to give instruction to make our backyard sessions valuable

Sep 29, 2014
I might just do a few simple thing...looks like she steps out just a little, just try and get her to be a straight as possible.

Also lower the tee just a little and not quite so far out front.

Just make sure she keeps up that aggressive swing, looks like she does stay back and wait which is good...I say keep up the good work! Definitely don't over coach at this age nothing terrible going on here, work in some front toss even if see if just doing tee ball for now to start that hand eye coordination thing going.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ask her to hit the ball hard. Then, go get ice cream.

In the meanwhile, you keep learning about swing mechanics so you can be ahead of her development when the time comes to start giving her more instruction. Pay attention to tee height and position. This one looks too high and too far out front.

Jun 8, 2016
(y)

Looking good!! Wasn't so long ago I posted a swing of my 6 YO, lots of ups and downs in the last 4 years as there will probably be for you..just keep working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan