#3 Catcher Playtime

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
I would love for my DD to attend one of these camps.

BTW--DD caught a full game finally and loved it. I really needed to see this to confirm my thoughts on how well she can play the position. I even saw some of Coach Weaver's methods in her playing--that brought a smile to my face.

Sep 3, 2009
I would love for my DD to attend one of these camps.

BTW--DD caught a full game finally and loved it. I really needed to see this to confirm my thoughts on how well she can play the position. I even saw some of Coach Weaver's methods in her playing--that brought a smile to my face.

I know getting to an out of town clinic is a big ordeal. But if you could possibly attend one of his clinics, I would rate it as one of the best things she could do to better herself at the position. You will be amazed at how much of their attention he and Jay will have. It's truly impressive. And they will come away with a wealth of info. In case you can't tell, I highly recommend it.

I know what you mean about the confirmation... my dd didn't seem to get alot of time behind the plate on previous teams. Mostly because they felt she was 'too small' to be a catcher. She'd always lose favor, over a bigger heavyset girl who was much slower. She's kept at it, practicing, taking lessons, with determination. This past weekend she guest played in a tournament for a team who lost their catcher. She caught every game, and had an awesome weekend. Several parents of girls on the team, and both coaches, told her if she is ever looking for a team to call them. They'd gladly have her as their #1 catcher. It was a big self-esteem boost for her, and an affirmation for me as to her abilities.

Feb 6, 2009
I would love to be worrying about 3. Our number one is clearly so far ahead of the other 2 that I can't find time to get the # 2 in yet. We really need one of the other 2 catchers to step up and assume the back up roll between now and spring. I don't anticipate giving a third any time.

Jun 21, 2010
Fast forward almost 6 months!

OK, so we decided in the interest of getting more catching time we would do rec and start an allstar team and go to a few tournaments. There was a local TB team, but daddy ball with four catchers--not good. First game since fall and DD is number 1 catcher. Did a great job keeping the ball in front of her. Using alot of Coach Weaver's techniques. She is getting questions from number 2 which was kinda of fun to see. She was so pumped after the game--non-stop chatter all the way home. It was great to listen to her, especially when she said, "I think I did a good job tonight!" :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck