'22 when to commit ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD is a '22 and a good ball player with a couple offers, including D1 , one of which seems to fit the bill almost to good lol. She is a young 16 and a real home body, does not really want to go way down south, with the way the covid situation is, and being far from home. My only concern of committing this early is maybe she changes her mind??? Great school and great academics and I could make alot of games lol, But that part doesnt matter haha. Any one have any regrets with early signing? I can see the pitfalls if she waits to long. Athletic visits are off until April 1, and then who knows for the D1 schools. Just want her to make a good sound decision!

Apr 20, 2015
We had a friend who was a very talented player but a real homebody as well. She committed to a P5 SEC school down south. Got a good amount of playing time as a freshman, but was so terribly homesick that she decided not to return and transferred to a more local program. Its okay to want to be near home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2015
Have you visited the school? How does she feel there when she walks around? How does she feel about the coaches and teammates? Do they have the major she wants?

If she's good enough to get a D1 bid from one school, she's good enough to get it from another. And another.

Forgive me, but you should't be asking us, you should be asking your DD: What do you want?

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Have you visited the school? How does she feel there when she walks around? How does she feel about the coaches and teammates? Do they have the major she wants?

If she's good enough to get a D1 bid from one school, she's good enough to get it from another. And another.

Forgive me, but you should't be asking us, you should be asking your DD: What do you want?

We have been to the school, but not on a visit, played on the field before, but will do official visit when we can/allowed. She has been facetiming and calls with coaches. They are very good in major studies she wants. I ask her all the time what she wants out of it. I am just worried about changing minds as we mature. Just trying to look out for her and give her the best info I can.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
First, you aren't signing to commit. Both your dd and the school don't have any real legal binding agreement until that NLI is signed on NLI Day. Secondly, always keep in mind that a coach has a recruitment board. On that board, they will make moves depending upon commitments. While I don't know your dd's relationship with the coaching staff, keep in mind that they are developing similar relationships with other recruits.

May 27, 2013
Some questions to ask are:

What attracted her to this particular school?
Where does Coach see her fitting in the lineup?
Is she their top recruit?
Would she still want to attend this school if for some reason she stops playing softball?
How many players in her class is the coach looking for?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Find a school she wants to attend with the major she wants. If SB fits in it's a win win. One of DD's teammates took a scholarship at a Big 10 school and couldn't wait to play her last game there. She couldn't quit because of the money. DD turned down D1 and D3 schools and went to a Service Academy that had club ball. She is beyond thrilled at her decision and hoping she gets to play her Senior year. Go Navy...Beat Army.

Jul 31, 2015
We have been to the school, but not on a visit, played on the field before, but will do official visit when we can/allowed. She has been facetiming and calls with coaches. They are very good in major studies she wants. I ask her all the time what she wants out of it. I am just worried about changing minds as we mature. Just trying to look out for her and give her the best info I can.

Sounds good. Seems like you’re doing everything right. And if she’s a 2022 there’s not a ton of time between now and when she enrolls.

A player on my DDs team committed before entering 8th grade. 😯 Now that’s something to worry about!

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
[QUOTE="Shiloh, post: 596594, member: 13377

A player on my DDs team committed before entering 8th grade. Now that’s something to worry about![/QUOTE]

Those days are long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying