2014 Xeno vs 2014 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
the big difference between the 2 bats is the joint design.
LXT has less flex in the joint leading to more power/pop than Xeno.
This would explain the difference in the feel when hitting with the 2 bats.

Based on my observations, i could not disagree more. Nearly every girl in our org uses a Louisville Slugger bat, and the overwhelming majority think that Xeno has more pop than the LXT. Just my 2 cents.

Also, and i will betray my ignorance here because i'm not a "bat guy," but generally wouldn't a more flexible bat have more pop than a stiff bat?? For example, as a tennis player, I know that the looser my strings the more power I can generate. would think that the principle is that same (or similar) for bats. Flex = power, stiff = control, right?? Obviously I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also, and i will betray my ignorance here because i'm not a "bat guy," but generally wouldn't a more flexible bat have more pop than a stiff bat?? For example, as a tennis player, I know that the looser my strings the more power I can generate. would think that the principle is that same (or similar) for bats. Flex = power, stiff = control, right?? Obviously I could be completely wrong.

Depends on the hitter/type of hitter to be honest.

Jun 19, 2012
Based on my observations, i could not disagree more. Nearly every girl in our org uses a Louisville Slugger bat, and the overwhelming majority think that Xeno has more pop than the LXT. Just my 2 cents.

For a smaller girl a bat that has more give/flex is better. For power hitter a stiffer bat is preferable.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences

I will not call anyone 'completely wrong' but in this case, the information on the bats I provided came directly from LS.

Sep 18, 2011
When the LS sponsored college teams play, it will be interesting to see which bat most of the players use. Bouldersdad's DD is one of the most feared hitters in the country and plays for a LS sponsored team. Curious to know if she prefers the Xeno or the LXT. What say you, Tim??

Oct 10, 2011
depends

One major online softball retailer says that a strong player will benefit more from a 2 piece bat because they can create more flex causing a whip effect. Slappers will have more control with a one piece.
Another big retailer says a power hitter will be better off with a one piece blah, blah, blah...

When the LS sponsored college teams play, it will be interesting to see which bat most of the players use. Bouldersdad's DD is one of the most feared hitters in the country and plays for a LS sponsored team. Curious to know if she prefers the Xeno or the LXT. What say you, Tim??
The Fresno State Bulldogs seem to be split pretty even between the LXT and Xeno. I did notice the slappers mostly used Xeno and the top power hitters (Stesha Brazil and Michelle Solomon) both use the LXT.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
One major online softball retailer says that a strong player will benefit more from a 2 piece bat because they can create more flex causing a whip effect. Slappers will have more control with a one piece.
Another big retailer says a power hitter will be better off with a one piece blah, blah, blah...

I have been know to hit a ball pretty well once in a while, I prefer one piece over 2 piece. Two peice bats flex too much for me. I have also seen plenty of smaller guys with major bat speed prefer 2 piece.

Thats why I never say one bat is "always" good for one type and another is "always" good for another type hitter. Depends on the hitter and also on what they are more comfortable with.

Dec 11, 2010
The motto of one of my favorite websites is "Get Both!"

My 16 year old is digging her new Xeno. Balls look like they come off it very well. Hard to tell in a cage but so far so good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog