2014 Xeno vs 2014 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2014
My DD has always been a Xeno fan but with the LXT weve not heard much about it. She has a choice of either & would like to know more about the LXT!! Shes considered more power hitter than a base hitter. Is there much difference in -9 or -10 drop for either? Need some input on this too!

Nov 14, 2011
Louisville Slugger is having demo days at several locations. Maybe if one of them is close enough you can go and try both of them out and ask the reps directly. Unfortunately for us the closest one is 2-1/2 hours away.

Nov 14, 2011
My DD has the LXT and LOVES it. Great feel and pop. We wanted to compare it to the Xeno, but too far away for us. Another player on our team has the Xeno on order and we will try it out when it comes in next week. Looking at reviews & comments here on DF it seams that more people like the Xeno over the LXT.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you like the Xeno, most people stick with that. Its a feel thing when you hit and the LXT feels diff than the Xeno. But not one person has given me bad feedback on the LXT.

I guess that's why LS offers the 30 day thing...with a new line of bat, its the only way to offer people some inner confidence.

Mar 13, 2012
My 12 year old has both and had a cf6(sold). We have had 3 Xeno's over the last few years and they have been her favs, but she wanted to try the LXT. She loves the LXT and how it swings (she thinks its lighter) but I feel she has lost a little pop with the change. All 4 bats are 31'' -10's and I think the LXT is a little more balanced making it feel lighter. Its really all about what they believe and less about the bat, but whatever gives her confidence is what she will swing.

We have had 3 Xeno's over the last few years and they have been her favs, but she wanted to try the LXT. She loves the LXT and how it swings (she thinks its lighter) but I feel she has lost a little pop with the change. All 4 bats are 31'' -10's and I think the LXT is a little more balanced making it feel lighter.
I have only been around two LXTs, both 32" drop -10s. Curiously, each has come in a wee bit under sticker weight, with one at 21.8oz and the other at 21.6oz. I'm sure you're aware that most high-end bats come in just a tiny bit over sticker weight, so this makes the LXT unique in that regard. I've even heard this from others who have experience with the LXT.

The Xeno usually comes in within about a half-ounce of sticker weight, and a 22.5oz bat vs. a 21.6oz bat can make a difference in "pop," as it were. I'm not saying this is the case with your DD's bats but there could be almost a full ounce difference in their true weights which would indeed make it feel lighter (because it is!) and could theoretically give the heavier bat a slight advantage in pop.

My DD swings her friend's 32" LXT on occasion, as I encourage all my girls to swing different bats all the time (I've found it eases tension if they ever have to swing a different bat than they are used to in a game). She likes the feel of it very much but it also shows a very distinct lack of pop vs. her 32" SRV4B. However, her "drop -10" 4B weighs 2.2oz more than her friend's drop -10 LXT.

I have been kicking around the idea of perhaps buying my DD a drop -9 LXT to see if it is closer to the weight of SRV4B and to see if the extra weight makes any noticeable difference in pop. I have yet to hear or see any feedback on the drop -9 LXTs, though, and will probably wait until I do before I decide to buy.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
the big difference between the 2 bats is the joint design.
LXT has less flex in the joint leading to more power/pop than Xeno.
This would explain the difference in the feel when hitting with the 2 bats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog