2014 Xeno vs 2014 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I have been know to hit a ball pretty well once in a while, I prefer one piece over 2 piece. Two peice bats flex too much for me. I have also seen plenty of smaller guys with major bat speed prefer 2 piece.

Thats why I never say one bat is "always" good for one type and another is "always" good for another type hitter. Depends on the hitter and also on what they are more comfortable with.
Same here. Because I can whack a ball pretty good, most of the girls on my team want me to put "daddy swings" on their new bats to help break them in. I get to use all of them when I do this, and I've found that the bats that flex a lot don't work as well for me as ones with stiff handles. So, I normally hit the ball a bit farther with one-piece designs and it is even more pronounced when I swing a very flexible bat like a DeMarini CF6.

It doesn't mean the DeMarini is somehow inferior, though. Quite the contrary! Sometimes the flexibility really helps deliver more pop for certain 11-year-old girls. :) Conversely, a stronger 11-year-old girl might generate more pop from a more rigid, one-piece (or 3-piece) design. You just have to use what feels best to the girl and what passes the eye test for you.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Same here. Because I can whack a ball pretty good, most of the girls on my team want me to put "daddy swings" on their new bats to help break them in. I get to use all of them when I do this, and I've found that the bats that flex a lot don't work as well for me as ones with stiff handles. So, I normally hit the ball a bit farther with one-piece designs and it is even more pronounced when I swing a very flexible bat like a DeMarini CF6.

It doesn't mean the DeMarini is somehow inferior, though. Quite the contrary! Sometimes the flexibility really helps deliver more pop for certain 11-year-old girls. :) Conversely, a stronger 11-year-old girl might generate more pop from a more rigid, one-piece (or 3-piece) design. You just have to use what feels best to the girl and what passes the eye test for you.

And the stronger 11yo might do better with the 2-piece while the smaller 11yo may like the 1 piece. That's why you really have to try bats out and learn what fits your swing and what you feel good with. Plus, it's a fun as heck process :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I weighed a few of each bat last night. The LXT's seem to come in very slightly under sticker weight and the Xeno's come in very slightly over.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It depends on the hitter and the bat that feels better.

Kinda like a lot of bats out there to be honest. Sorry its not a better answer...haha

Sep 18, 2011
OK so final conclusion. Which bat us better?

Based on watching a dozen LS college teams this year, it looks to be no contest. 2014 purple Xeno is the best bat on the market. The heavyweight champion of the world. The only bat that matters. LXT a distant second. Your mileage may vary. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Based on watching a dozen LS college teams this year, it looks to be no contest. 2014 purple Xeno is the best bat on the market. The heavyweight champion of the world. The only bat that matters. LXT a distant second. Your mileage may vary. :)

Dont get all about what you see. A lot of these players probably used Xeno's before and stuck with them. They are totally diff feel bats.

I love usssa Psycho's...I have about 50 bats in my closet and 20+ in my truck and bags of all types. But when game time starts, I use a Psycho. Doesnt mean those other bats are bad, just means I am comfy with that type of bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii