2014 Xeno vs 2014 LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
My daughter just started using the LXT last weekend after a couple of weeks of break in in the cage. First and second at bats were walks. 3rd at bat monster home run to left field, 4th at bat hard single to LF, 5th at bat - long home run to left center, 6th at bat pop out to 3rd baseman, 7th at bat hard ground out to 1B. I would say so far she like the bat. The 2 home runs were long blasts.

Jan 3, 2014
My DD has a CF6 32/22 that and we just picked up a 32/22 LXT. No game use yet, but her hitting coach saw her hit with both from the tee (long flight cage)and against live pitching in the cage. After they were done he simply told her, "Swing the LXT from now on." So, we're going with that. :) The interesting thing is, I hit them both off a tee and my hits were significantly deeper with her CF6. That said, I outweigh her by about 120 pounds and I'm pretty sure I swing a lot harder than her, despite my ridiculous old man swing.

My DD has a CF6 32/22 that and we just picked up a 32/22 LXT. No game use yet, but her hitting coach saw her hit with both from the tee (long flight cage)and against live pitching in the cage. After they were done he simply told her, "Swing the LXT from now on." So, we're going with that. :) The interesting thing is, I hit them both off a tee and my hits were significantly deeper with her CF6. That said, I outweigh her by about 120 pounds and I'm pretty sure I swing a lot harder than her, despite my ridiculous old man swing.
That is interesting.

I pretty regularly hit "long tee" on our home field (220' fences) whenever a girl shows up with a new bat. I can pretty easily go about 260' consistently with a -10 or a -9 LXT. I have trouble clearing the fence consistently with the same size CF6. I have to really hit it on the button with the DeMarinis to make it out of the yard.

Jan 3, 2014
I was surprised too. First time I've hit with them where I could watch ball flight. I was hitting bombs with the CF. I mean, it was over the fence and "Hey guys sorry for interfering with your soccer game out there" long bombs. Maybe it's just now getting hot. Either way. The CF is going in the bottom of the bag for now. Just got back from another hitting lesson and she split time between the two again. It's certain now that for her at least, the brand new LXT is hotter than the 3 month old (thousands of hits on it) CF6, or it just feels better so she hits it better, or she likes the color. Whatever, as long as she hits.

Feb 23, 2014
I am 15 and I own the 2014 Xeno. I absolutely love it. I had this same problem with not being able to choose between Lxt and Xeno . Went and swung Xeno and fell in love. Ive had it for two weeks and ive already hit a homerun! I love it.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
DD chose the LXT. But it was a tough decision. 27 days in and we hear a rattle in the barrel($%&&$@#!@@#4).....
We've set up an exchange BUT just knowing the same problem remains in LS technology is disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207