2014 Anderson Rocketech -9 33/24

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2013
I just purchased this bat and wanted opinions from people on here who have daughters that use it.My daughter swung a 2014 33/23 Mako this past season and in colder months uses a 33/24 Easton FX2.DD needed a cold weather non composite bat for ball in the fall and spring and the reviews I red were favourable.Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
All I know is that I purchased the 2014 red and silver 34/25 model and it weighed 27.4 ounces. It was going to be her cold day game bat but now it's a tee or sit in the trunk bat.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A little homework using the DFP search function would've revealed that a 34" RT would be expected to have a scale weight of 27-28 oz. If you can't return it, all may not be lost though - try swinging it before you relegate it and you may be pleasantly surprised by the feel (the performance is a given). The solid aluminum knob is about 2 oz and the overall weight distribution makes the bat swings lighter than you will expect (causing the bat to be listed as a -9 swing weight). That said, if you don't like an end loaded bat you won't be happy regardless.

Sorry if it doesn't work out well.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
Bought DD12 (almost 13) the 2014 Rocketech 33/24 for cold weather. Her other bat is the Easton FS1 which is a drop 10 balanced.

Her swing is a hair slower with RT but she loves to use it against the slower pitchers because she is way ahead of them with the Easton. Hit her first 2 over the fence home runs with the Rocketech in jr high ball this year. She loves it.

Rocketech doesn't include the knob in their listed weights. The say swing weight is only 33 because of the end loading. DH looked all that stuff up because he weighed the bat when we got it too and was surprised by the difference.

Oct 10, 2011
All I know is that I purchased the 2014 red and silver 34/25 model and it weighed 27.4 ounces. It was going to be her cold day game bat but now it's a tee or sit in the trunk bat.
You could always put it up for a trade on one of the other softball sites. There is one that I've sold a dozen bats on as well as others on this site. Or you could have her start working hard on those forearms:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619