Anderson rocketech carbonlite?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2022
I’m looking for any info or reviews on the Anderson rocketech carbonlite. I can’t really find any info on this bat. My daughter is 9 years old and is playing her first year in 10u. Looking to upgrade her bat from the metal Easton topaz she swinging now. Looking to get her a 29 drop 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Full disclosure; I am a rep for a store which sells them.

I like to try the bats I recommend, so I got the Carbonite last fall for my daughters to test out. It wasn't the right bat for them because it's a -11, but I wanted their opinion on the feel and pop of the bat. They said it swung very light and balanced with a large sweet spot. It had high exit velocity off the tee, which was comparable to their DS Ghost and LXT that are in their regular rotation. They both said there wasn't much negative feedback on front toss balls they didn't square up. They both gave it a thumbs up for a smaller contact hitter.

I sold the bat to a smaller MS girl in my district, and she still has and uses it. According to her father, she loves the bat.

Feel free to text me with any questions. 631-942-3516.

Sep 7, 2022
thanks for the feedback. what would you consider a smaller contact hitter. my daughter is 4ft 6 and weights around 85-90lbs. She is definitely not the smallest on the team but she's also not the biggest either.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah, that's the right size for a Carbonlite or other -11 bat. I would go a little longer than a 29" bat. With as light a swing as the Carbonlite has, you can go to a 30 or a 31.

Sep 7, 2022
30 or 31? Right now she's swinging a 28 and she chokes up a little. That's a pretty big jump isn't it?
I'm new to all of this so that's why I'm asking so many questions.

Nov 26, 2020
My daughter has always swung a Ghost in games, which are always heavier than advertised. We bought the Carbonlite when she was second year 10U and the pitchers were getting fast. It's swings light and fast and it's held up great. She still uses it in practice for light and heavy training.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes, it's a pretty big jump. Here's how handling a bat was explained to me from both a weight and a length perspective by a former D1 college coach.

The bat is not too heavy if you can start a full swing load and stop the swing to get a check swing. If you cannot stop the bat, meaning the bat drags you through the zone, then it is too heavy. Just Bats has a useful tool for determining the appropriately sized bat. It's not perfect, but it's a good place to start. I plugged in your daughter's information and came up with a 31" bat. If possible, go to a local store and have her swing a few -11 bats in lengths from 29-31 before making a decision.

My daughter was in 10U and swinging a 31-21 DeMarini CF7 USSSA Pride bat. She was about 4'8" and 110 lbs. She continued using that the following year when she played up at 12U as a second-year 10U player.

Sep 7, 2022
Thank you! I appreciate all the help. I will take her tomorrow to the local store to swing some bats. When I find the right size I will send you a text.

Sep 7, 2022
My daughter has always swung a Ghost in games, which are always heavier than advertised. We bought the Carbonlite when she was second year 10U and the pitchers were getting fast. It's swings light and fast and it's held up great. She still uses it in practice for light and heavy training.
Thanks for the info on the Carbonlite!
Does anybody else have experience with this bat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28