2021 Anderson RockeTech -9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2020
My 12U DD, standing in at 5'4 157# uses a 32/23 RT for tee work and front toss. It weighs in at just over 25oz and she has been swinging it for 2 years now. She uses it for early spring Wyoming/Utah tourneys. DD swings the GA 32/22, weighing in at 23.5oz, for summer time games We've replaced the GA twice and will not buy a new one when this third round breaks. Just picked up the RT Carbon 33/23 and it is a completely different animal compared to those end weighted bats. It is super balanced and comes in at 22.97oz and feels crazy light compared to the other two bats. DD is ok with it, but definitely likes the end weighted RT much better as it is more comparable to her GA.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My 12U DD, standing in at 5'4 157# uses a 32/23 RT for tee work and front toss. It weighs in at just over 25oz and she has been swinging it for 2 years now. She uses it for early spring Wyoming/Utah tourneys. DD swings the GA 32/22, weighing in at 23.5oz, for summer time games We've replaced the GA twice and will not buy a new one when this third round breaks. Just picked up the RT Carbon 33/23 and it is a completely different animal compared to those end weighted bats. It is super balanced and comes in at 22.97oz and feels crazy light compared to the other two bats. DD is ok with it, but definitely likes the end weighted RT much better as it is more comparable to her GA.
Yeah...after trying every bat on the market to replace the RT DD loved with a composite, the GA came out and I ordered her a 34 drop 8. Turned out to be the only thing out there she was comfortable with and it's going on a year now with no problems. She's practiced at home for months with it hitting 600-750 balls a week during Summer/Fall, college practice since January and now college practice and games. Very high swing speed also.

ETA: Put Westwinds DD in a 33 drop 8 Ghost a few years ago and I have yet to hear anything negative from him either.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
She really loved those bats. I always thought it fit her swing.

Her college coaches switched her to a 34/24 Xeno at school. She likes that bat too.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND

How is the feel of the Carbon? is it really stiff (FNX-RXT) or more of a softer feel (LXT, GA)?
Thanks

Jan 7, 2020
It is stiffer than her GA and LXT, but not super stiff. I have swung it a lot trying to get it broke in and man, it is just different, it makes her LXT 32 -10 feel end loaded. I do not have any way to record BS or EV, but it sure would be interesting to see the difference in the Carbon compared to the RT or GA.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
It is stiffer than her GA and LXT, but not super stiff. I have swung it a lot trying to get it broke in and man, it is just different, it makes her LXT 32 -10 feel end loaded. I do not have any way to record BS or EV, but it sure would be interesting to see the difference in the Carbon compared to the RT or GA.

Thanks, sounds alot like 2020 prism. may have to check one out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi