1st Tournament down...How was your weekend?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Well we nailed down out first outing this past Saturday and it was so much fun. As usual I now have more questions about things learned based on game experiences. We had 4 new teammates and the way they played you would have thought they were together all along. Also, despite losing one pitcher to another team the 2 remaining did great for their age. Facing 65 batters on the day they had the following stats
K: 18 (7 of them looking)
BB: 22 (I struggle with this # but I do realize they are 9 so I let it go knowing this will get better)
And despite times of being tired and proper slight mechanic break downs, when noted they really worked to correct it and stay on focused.

Defensively against the 25 batters who hit against us we made the following plays,
Three: 4-3
Two: 6-3
One: 6-4
One: 5-3
One: 1-3
One: L9: (Hard Hit Line Drive to RF for an out_ (And our RF charged it, stayed on her feet and kept the free hand up to ensure she did not loose the ball by allowing it to bounce out of her glove) We all thought this ball was going to go through her it was hit so hard.
One: F3
Two: U3
One: F5
and we caught two girls stealing at 3rd (throw from 1st base) and 2nd (throw from catcher)

Hitting we did not do well although we did not see very consistent pitching to make many attempts.
AB: 65
K: 17
BB: 28
Hit into 18 plays for outs
One in the park HR
One single
We left a lot on base and took K's at key times to end our half of innings. A problem I set on my shoulders in developing the Batting Order.

The scoreboard was not in our favor...
1-3 on the day. (L5-1, L5-3, W8-7, L7-5)
However I was happy with our point differential versus last fall's showing.

Despite the losses I am pleased with the first tournament as there were a ton of personal benchmarks
for our players on the day and knew hurdles reached. Stamina on the day was good, focus was better
throughout the day over last fall (when we were new in TB). We still have a long way to go....

So How was your Tournament? :)

Nov 29, 2009
If you keep this up you'll drive yourself crazy by the end of the season. Keep the stats simple for 9U team. You'd do better taking some notes about things you need to work on as a team.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
02 Crush, did you play in Ringgold? There were one or two Knoxville teams that played there this weekend. Our first tournament is supposed to be this weekend, but the weather forecast is a little soggy. Have to say I am a little jealous you are already playing.:)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Coaching-wise I went 2-1 for the weekend.

It was our rec-league opening day so that went ALL day. We won 11-1 and all four of the girls who I wanted to try pitching got an inning each. Also my DW and I coach teams in the all girls tee-ball division where no score is kept and the girls made some outs, whacked the ball around and generally had fun in their first games ever so that was great as well.

Travel Sunday - my #1 had a rough start as it was raining and muddy and... well anyway we lost the first game of the day. Then we won the second game.

Overall a good weekend. Lots of things to work on though.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
That first weekend is always a great one win or lose. Everyone is so excited, most everyone gets along, DD's are pumped, coaches are fresh.............makes me jealous.

We have our first HS tournament this coming weekend, just got the schedule today. I'm pretty excited because coach already has the pitching rotation lined out per team. My DD gets to pitch against the D1 signed thrower from the next county. Gonna be a loooong week waiting on that one.

I'm going to try and get some video on the GOPRO to share of the games.

Dec 7, 2011
First TB weekend of 2012 was indoors,... as we wait & wait & wait for upper-midwest HS ball to start. TB team now goes into pure practice-mode again til June.

TB weekend was awesome. Champs of the NSA indoor event.

DD pitching was:
* 3-0 with 1 save.
* ERA = 0.47
* KBB = 25
* WHIP = 0.53
* K's = 25

Batting:
* SLG = 0.769
* RPA = 0.625
* Started out very slow but by the end had her first HR of the season and was a grand slam in tight game!

Know they all are not going to be this good but can't wait for the rest of the year!
Gotta stay healthy this year!

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
That first weekend is always a great one win or lose. Everyone is so excited, most everyone gets along, DD's are pumped, coaches are fresh.............makes me jealous.

We have our first HS tournament this coming weekend, just got the schedule today. I'm pretty excited because coach already has the pitching rotation lined out per team. My DD gets to pitch against the D1 signed thrower from the next county. Gonna be a loooong week waiting on that one.

I'm going to try and get some video on the GOPRO to share of the games.

Don't forget to post!!!!! I'm pulling for Davida over Goliath!

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
First TB weekend of 2012 was indoors,... as we wait & wait & wait for upper-midwest HS ball to start. TB team now goes into pure practice-mode again til June.

TB weekend was awesome. Champs of the NSA indoor event.

DD pitching was:
* 3-0 with 1 save.
* ERA = 0.47
* KBB = 25
* WHIP = 0.53
* K's = 25

Batting:
* SLG = 0.769
* RPA = 0.625
* Started out very slow but by the end had her first HR of the season and was a grand slam in tight game!

Know they all are not going to be this good but can't wait for the rest of the year!
Gotta stay healthy this year!

RubberBiscuit, your DD had 25 K's and 0 BB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877