15yo Addison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Pitchers that can control the ball vertically. High, a little higher, even higher, then low lol!

That’s what I see. The hands kinda get pinned behind her. A path that is ‘under’ will have a tough time w up pitches. Posture is not the answer. Free hands and hand path are the answer. As of now she is inside out exclusively. That’s the problem.

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Worked hard on having better control of forward move. Not letting the outside part of the rear foot come off the ground during the move out. Tons of coil drills, deeper tees, deeper flips etc. We did a lot of HLP stuff. Never talked about snapping the barrel or TTB. Worked on getting the knob to work up as soon as possible with the understanding the it has to work down some first. Adjusted posture due to the amount of high ball pitchers we have been facing. We anticipate up, and adjust down now. We work it in BP, front toss, side toss, tees. She’s getting better but like y’all know to well, hitting never ends! You are never a finished product.

The second forward move is more of what I like. The way the body extends doesn’t coincide w high to low posture adjustments. But hey if it works for you keep going. It’s just not efficient in relation to human movement(s).

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
The second forward move is more of what I like. The way the body extends doesn’t coincide w high to low posture adjustments. But hey if it works for you keep going. It’s just not efficient in relation to human movement(s).
There all kinds of hitters. Here's a 14 year old that has never had a hitting lesson.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Most if not 99% of kids going into college ball have a gaping hole in or out up or down and will continue to have those holes until they’re weeded out or fix it. Never met a kid that could cover both sides wo some instruction or guidance or have an MLB dad. Ted Williams is turning over in his chamber right now @BigSkyHi . Ted found every hitter he admired and picked their brain. Barry had his dad and Willie. Griffey? Trout? Dads. Everyone needs help. The best country of hitters have many academy’s and start the kids early. And nurture them until they’re drafted.

How many untaught hitters can you name?

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
What does that have to do w anything? And I’m sure whoever she plays for or has played for has given her tips etc. so everyone is taught something .
Just thinking coaching different body types and mental types the same could become quite frustrating.

Apologize for interrupting your thread Cornbread.

Jun 8, 2016
How many untaught hitters can you name?
Once any hitter gets to the professional level there is going to be instruction of some sort. If we are talking about somebody who hit well enough without instruction to make it to professional ball I think a pretty good hitter hit cross handed until pro ball so I am guessing he didn’t get much 😉

There are not going to be any modern hitters who you can say didn’t have help from somebody..they all played organized ball growing up unlike the hitters pre 1970’s

Jun 8, 2016
I agree with WW about the hands being pinned a bit. Sort of like what AJ mentioned when asked about his change of hand positioning in his setup. How does she do with inside heat?

I think Tiare Jennings is a really good example of a female hitter who sets herself up well to be able adjust with her hands when necessary.

That said she looks good. Like you said there is always something to work on if you are paying close enough attention 😉

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1685531874809.gif

Check out the two paths. Steep vs shallow. Up vs down. Posture adjustments up vs a delayed stride and side bend. Bat path over/under the sternum. That’s a hands thing right? Can’t do this from an upright posture? You can flex to extend, but extension to flexion (of the spine) has little to no core stretch. This guys path drill.. rotation of some sort will most likely become the power source wo an adjustable hand path.

1685532486831.gif

It’s easy to swing up- Barry

1:11 mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06