15yo Addison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I'm also curious about the uniforms - intra-squad game? Or just teams with remarkably similar colors?
Jamboree games. Start of high school ball. This was at a city park with multiple fields and multiple games going on. Similar colors

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Swings from Friday. One thing I would like to show is how committed she is to swinging at every pitch. Game time got moved up and I missed her first AB.

Does she get HBP more than others?
Also the catcher on the last hit is going to be injured if she keeps setting up like that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes. We try to maintain posture for pitch down and away (as @Work=wins has suggested) and adjust from there. Probably gonna invest in an elbow and ankle guard

1677525945805.gif

There is a postural adjustment after foot down due to pitch location👍. as far as sequencing and mechanics goes, I think you’re on par w everything I look for kinetically which is everything imo. The hitter can then figure things out quicker. Nice work CB!

Aug 20, 2017
View attachment 27483

There is a postural adjustment after foot down due to pitch location👍. as far as sequencing and mechanics goes, I think you’re on par w everything I look for kinetically which is everything imo. The hitter can then figure things out quicker. Nice work CB!
Yes! She did make a good adjustment. This was second AB vs same pitcher. First time through the lineup pitcher lived inside and was very effective. My dd typically swings a 33in ghost unlimited. After first AB she grabbed her 32in advanced. She made adjustments before stepping into the box. She told me after the game that she was looking inside. That was the first pitch of her second AB. That excited me more than hitting the bomb lol. The posture que of looking down and away has helped her big time. I remember you said it’s easier to adjust from there. That’s been true

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes! She did make a good adjustment. This was second AB vs same pitcher. First time through the lineup pitcher lived inside and was very effective. My dd typically swings a 33in ghost unlimited. After first AB she grabbed her 32in advanced. She made adjustments before stepping into the box. She told me after the game that she was looking inside. That was the first pitch of her second AB. That excited me more than hitting the bomb lol. The posture que of looking down and away has helped her big time. I remember you said it’s easier to adjust from there. That’s been true

Miggy the posture king. Which starts w his hands.

1677528861311.gif

Aug 20, 2017
Triple, Single, Single, Double
Last swing shows her adjustment on a changeup. So many teach the hitter to “stay back” on off speed. You just can’t do that. You have to be prepared for the pitchers fastest pitch on every pitch, no matter the count. Delaying launch is the key.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee