12U pitchers throwing 58-60 mph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My 12-year-old DD recently hit a PR of 59mph at a lesson (2x).

She’s not big, weighs under 110lb. There are 7 months of 12-U left, so the hope is she starts cruising at that speed this spring.

I was told there were about a half dozen girls throwing 60+ at 11U last year from someone whose DD played PGF in the Midwest/South and also guested for a big-name SoCal team. He said most were low 50s.

Video of her throwing 58mph in the basement.

Thats a powerful 110 lbs.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We just moved, so just wanted a basement with enough space to throw 43-ft. It just happened to be finished. The netting is strong.
I have a big house and basement that I finished myself. Unfortunately, I finished it back in 2008-2009, long before my girls started playing softball. Had I known then that I'd have softball players, I'd have designed it differently. Heck, had I known I'd have softball players when the house was built, I'd have put in 9' ceilings in the basement.

My concern would be the ceiling. My daughter launched a few high ones at 12U that would have taken out those lights.

Aug 5, 2022
110 lbs at 12u is plenty big. My 11u is only 84 lbs and my jr in high school 120lbs. I think we’re really scewed in our view of what’s average for age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 13, 2021
I made it a point to look at the board where my DD takes pitching lessons the other night. The fastest 12u was 56 and the fastest on the entire board was a 14u at 67. Prob 20-25 girls per age group on the board.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I made it a point to look at the board where my DD takes pitching lessons the other night. The fastest 12u was 56 and the fastest on the entire board was a 14u at 67. Prob 20-25 girls per age group on the board.
Does the board name names? If so, I'd be pissed about that. I get that they want to foster competition, but I think that leads to more gossip, especially among the fathers.

Jun 8, 2016
Does the board name names? If so, I'd be pissed about that. I get that they want to foster competition, but I think that leads to more gossip, especially among the fathers.
What kind of gossip? Numbers are numbers right? Unless we are talking about Sally using 5IUs of HGH a day on top of her half a gram of test a week kind of gossip 😂

May 13, 2021
It just has first names. Why would you be pissed, most every org I know post pictures and names of social media all the time. Not sure what kind of gossip would take place over how fast your DD threw the ball.

Mar 8, 2016
I would like to seriously ask a question. I wonder what happens to all of these girls throwing at these speeds. I know game speeds are different from just uncorking one in the practice lane.
I get to go to a lot of college games. We have been going to VT games since dd started playing softball. I usually sit behind home plate. VT always has girls using the radar on every pitch and charting pitch speed and location. I can't help but look over their shoulder. The fastest speed I saw was Carrie Eberle at 69 mph. She typically threw 67-68 mph on her fastest pitches. Rochard topped out at 68 mph but I didn't get too many games this year because of watching dd. Often but not always, the opposing team would clock their pitchers. Megan Goode with JMU got to 71 with 1 pitch and was consistently 69-70. Many really good P5 pitchers are 64-65mph
DD's d3 team has a pitcher's dad who clocks all the pitchers both on our team and the opposing team. They played a very good schedule against many of the best pitchers in d3. A pitcher throwing 63-64 at the d3 level is an unicorn. Most of the really good pitchers are throwing 60-61 mph.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole