12U Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Doesn't matter how many K's you throw if the batter makes it to 1st on a dropped third strike. Nothing looks overpowering about the pitcher and to the normal ordinary person they look at it as the pitcher's problem when the catcher misses the third strike and the batter runs to first. Lots of people look at it as a walk. Even though the pitcher did her job.

Jan 25, 2011
okay, I do feel for you and your DD. But you have to rember rec. ball for alot of girls is about fun and the social aspect of it. You get your DD on a TB team and thats where you will see the girls on a mission to get better.

Jul 26, 2010
My #1 on my TB team only pitches 43 (12u). My #3 pitches 53mph.

The #1 has much better control, but the biggest issue is mentality. The #1 has good game sense, is a great fielder, and doesn't cry if things don't go her way.

-W

Mar 23, 2010
Unfortunately control is not her issue. Just throwing hard enough that our inexperienced catchers are not or can not catch even fastballs down the middle.

Jan 24, 2009
Has her head in the game and knows what is going on.

If the above is true, then you don't really have a problem.

If you need a fix though, have the SS catch. No wait, that is the coaches kid. The third baseman--that is the animal on the team and could probably catch. Or maybe since it is rec, they have the best glove playing first base. Look to first or third for your catcher and finish the season. Then...

Here is the real advice: Quit worrying about all stars and find a travel team with a couple of other good pitchers. Have fun!
VW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi