12u hotel stays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2010
This is just dumb, dumb, dumb on so many levels, many of them already covered here. However, and I hesitate to mention this, but I am aware of a team that ended up disbanding mid-season when half the team was caught in the room without an adult - um, experimenting....

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
If the coach is absolutely set on this crazy idea, I would suggest a room Mom for each room. You still have 3 in a room, but a parent is responsible. Makes it more affordable for a few Mom's to spend the weekend, and still let's the girls feel like they have a little freedom. For the record, I am totally against the idea.

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
This might be a dumb question but. Where are the parents? Is there a reason there is no parents on the trip so all the girls have to bunk together. Are you getting three additional rooms plus the parents have to get rooms. Are the parents even going? Kids shouldn't be alone in hotel rooms. What happens if they all decide to go swimming at 2am and no one is there to stop them?

There has been trips where my DD wanted to go sleep at a friends room but the friends parents were there. That is fine. We have been known to have there DD with us on trips. We know the other family and our DD have had sleepovers all the time. Not going to happen with strangers. If they want to do the camping thing than a responsible parent has to be in the room with them.

Mar 13, 2010
At 12U no way. Far too young. We have it at U17 but any younger and you're pushing it.

Aug 10, 2010
Definitely too young to be grouped together and I agree with all prior posters. You will see as I have a big change due to maturing right around the 14-16 age.

Apr 25, 2012
My DD's 9u team last year kind of did the same thing. However it was a state tournament and all the teams in the whole organization went. The organization had the Hilton place each team on the same floor and next to each other. So all the girls got to hang out together and play in the hall together but the coaches were able to go out and enforce a curfew and send each girl to their rooms, which worked out since most of the girls did not complain to the coach but would try the "5 more minutes" with their parents. After curfew the parents all gathered together in the hall to reflect and blow off steam from the earlier games. The girls loved it and the parents didn't have to worry as much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog