11YO DD’s Health

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
It looks like the Ann & Robert H Lurie children's hospital in Chicago, I read that they have done one of the largest study in food allergies to date. They are rated in the top 10 on some polls for Children's Hospitals. I hope she feels better and Emily & I will keep you guys in our prayers.

Jan 7, 2013
Had a kid on DDs team last year who had extensive issues with her stomache and digestion and IBS type stuff... test upon test upon test (including hospital stays and lower-GI and associated tests) - turned out that it was psychosomatic and caused by extreme anxiety...

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
turned out that it was psychosomatic and caused by extreme anxiety...

That is in the running too.

She seems to like softball a lot but there is no doubt she is under a lot of pressure to perform.

At school she will not be have the best grade point average, she got a B+ in a class, but with taking all honors courses she will be close.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
There was a catcher at the WCWS, had a stomach problem. Remember? She recovered, but it was a miracle.

I remember that, and this is what I still say...

2 teaspoons of sea salt in 32oz of pure water, morning 1/2 hr before you eat anything, and at night 2 1/2hr after you eat will work miracles for IBS and Crohns.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd was diagnosed with celiac last year. I know your dd is small that is common in kids with Celiac as they do not use the nutrients as well. My dd would out eat me and her brother and she was 105 pounds less then a year after diagnose she feel as better and weighs 130+.

GET TESTED FOR FOOD ALLERGIES!!! I cannot recommend this enough; it changed my life and my sister's life. I had chronic digestive issues and acne caused by food sensitivities. My sister had completely debilitating migraines and was about to go on neurological medication for the rest of her life, but discovering her food sensitivities cured her completely. Symptoms can be REALLY weird so I recommend it for everyone experiencing chronic issues, but ESPECIALLY for digestive issues, food sensitivities—gluten being the biggest offender—are often the culprit.

If she is sensitive to something she's consuming, she could have chronic inflammation and enough digestive irritation to cause a reaction to most foods, even ones she's not sensitive to. If she has some kind of ulcer or inflammatory condition, food sensitivities could also be the root cause. !

I used to be very skeptical of food allergies. After all, how could someone be allergic to food?
Not anymore.
DW had issues with her joints, and migraine headaches, was diagnosed first with Rheumatoid arthritis, then later with Fibromyagia. Nothing worked, and was looking at partial disability (at 45 yo). She occasionally had digestive discomfort.
Out of desperation, she tried going to a Gluten Free diet. We both love bread and pasta, which was painful at first. Changing habits is difficult.
After a year, the RA symptoms have almost completely disappeared. Migraines are down to one every two or three months, rather than two or three a week.
Now I don't know if changing her diet will help, but I know how it has impacted our household. It has caused me to think really hard about my own diet, and what our kids are eating.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I used to be very skeptical of food allergies. After all, how could someone be allergic to food?
Not anymore.
DW had issues with her joints, and migraine headaches, was diagnosed first with Rheumatoid arthritis, then later with Fibromyagia. Nothing worked, and was looking at partial disability (at 45 yo). She occasionally had digestive discomfort.
Out of desperation, she tried going to a Gluten Free diet. We both love bread and pasta, which was painful at first. Changing habits is difficult.
After a year, the RA symptoms have almost completely disappeared. Migraines are down to one every two or three months, rather than two or three a week.
Now I don't know if changing her diet will help, but I know how it has impacted our household. It has caused me to think really hard about my own diet, and what our kids are eating.

For a few weeks my wife was telling me I need to watch this film. I really didn't feel like it, but last Wednesday she said it is the last day to watch it online for free. So I did, and then watched it again...it was very interesting. A very basic summary of it is that U.S. company(s) started genentically motifying crops and vegetables by taking the gene (or something) that is in round up that explodes insects digestive systems and putting it in the crops and basically our food supply. They say they have studies that show it is harmless to humans...the other side says that independent studies say otherwise.
The theory is that the insect killer in crop does the same thing in human digestive system though on a smaller over time basis. It creates "leaky gut". So when a person with leaky gut eats certain foods, the food does not get fully digested like it should before it leaks into the blood stream. The bodies first defense to the undigested food in the blood stream is send a rush of antibodies/histamine...an allergic reaction...and theoretically a host of other problems new to mankind.

I don't mean to be radical...but it really has me thinking about it. The first gmos started late 1980s, so it has alot of people saying hmm. I know growing up in the 70s and 80s if you said someone had a food allergy I would have thought you were joking. Autism...I wouldnt have a clue what you were talking about....
I have said before that my son has adhd, my wife (and I) have been having good results with him going gluten free...actually pretty amazing results. So last Wednesday I watched this show, and Wednesday night we went out for a special dinner and we let him have lomein noodles. Within half an hour...he was having tics...outburst...and about crawling out of his skin. Plus he had always had "chronic sinus congestion" but has had no trouble since going gluten free. Wednesday night and Thursday he was completely congested.

Sorry to ramble on, just had to share.
Here is the movie link, but I don't think you can watch for free anymore.
Genetic Roulette MovieGenetic Roulette | The Gamble of Our Lives

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Oh and Bald...they did say in the movie, that the docters that have accepted this have had good success with changing diet.

And funny to me...I think and question if people think I am radical talking about it, when it is pretty much taken as fact in Europe and many other parts of the world where gmos are banned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish