11YO DD’s Health

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm so glad everything was figured out! I'll bet the toughest thing will be finding replacements for the snack type foods, especially on game weekends. I've made gorp-type snack bags with dried fruit, nuts and chocolate - I also add pretzels but you could add rice cereal. I usually end up making several big gallon-sized bags of the stuff because the girls descend upon them like locusts.

Like It!!! There seems to be a trend here... on the team DD is on this year... Its Pickles... If you were to look into fermenting your own, it could go a long way in actually helping rebuild the Probiotics needed to remedy your's, and all of our circumstances...Here is a middle of the road explanation... not from one of my "Supplmentality" sites. :{))

Probiotics & Probiotic Supplements - WebMD: Uses and Safety

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I learned Friday there are actually truant officers at the state level, How DD’s Issues got to the state level I have no idea. I sort of understand what is going on but all of a sudden I need a lawyer to sort it out. She and we will be OK just need to run thru some hoops.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Oh for crying out loud - I feel your pain. It seems that the whole "truancy" thing has taken on new vigor in the past few years; I wonder what has sparked it? My friend's junior year -age daughter was sick last semester; she missed a week (which is easy to do; I was sick with a bad cold last week and missed an entire week myself). Between that and a few dentists appointments she missed 10 days. Her mom got a letter in the mail that started out "your child is a habitual truant...."

In our district, missing class for a dentist appointment counts as "unexcused" unless the student brings a note from the dentist. Missing a day for sickness is unexcused unless they have a note from the doctor. The doctor says please don't come in unless you are REALLY sick - the school says don't come in until you are fever free for 24 hours - so what's a student with a bad cold or mild flu to do?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd